Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet on the Traverse? I am looking into it and have done some preliminary research on products available, but I can't seem to find any good instructions or 'gotchas' yet. It looks like a pretty simple replacement of bulbs and add some ballasts boxes with some wiring, but getting to the headlights looks like the issue! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I opened the hood, looked, and shut it. :eek:

I thought about some HIDs, but the cut lines output of the stock lamps is good. I have driven I-5 through Central California at night and the output was more than adequate. This weekend I have no plans other than throw The Galileo on the rack and crawl underneath. I'll again open the hood and determine how difficult it will be to remove the panel that sits atop where the radiator should/may be or are the lamps access from underneath. Removing this panel I believe will give access to the lamps. Did this HID mod to my Jeeps, the ballast can be controlled by the headlamp switch via a relay and utilize the connectors at the lamp to power the relay..

I am contemplating fog lights though. Have a couple from a 08 Jeep Unlimited. Mounting the lamps isn't the issue, placing a switch in the dash and making it appears as if it belongs is the difficult part.

IF the moderator or admin reads this please move to the Tech forum. THX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I put this topic in the wrong category!

Re: install...what about the fender well for access. I read something about the acadia using that for access, perhaps it's similar?

Re: fog lights...could you use the front marker lights/parking lights under the headlight to put fogs or change bulbs?

thx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts