Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Traverse has a horrible windshield defroster ( all have the same ) it’s only a 18” vent to try to cover the entire windshield and fails to do so when it snows. Makes the car very hard to see out of when it snows. It does not melt the snow or defrost well at all. Sure seems like a major defect to me. Anyone else think the same as me?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing. I don't get much snow in my climate but it sure is slow to defrost the ice off in the morning, especially when compared to my old 1999 GMC Truck. That thing will heat you right out of it.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
If there is a cabin air filter in your model- try removing it for higher airflow. Might make a little difference.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
If there is a cabin air filter in your model- try removing it for higher airflow. Might make a little difference.
Or change it if it's more than a year old. And don't use the HEPA ones as the ''fine'' filtering is very restrictive on the air flow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or change it if it's more than a year old. And don't use the HEPA ones as the ''fine'' filtering is very restrictive on the air flow.
It’s not the air flow that’s the problem in the slightest. It’s the fact that the vent is grotesquely undersized and in no possible way can sufficiently defrost the windshield when it snows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts