Traverse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm confused regarding what you're describing. Is it E85, or 88 octane unleaded with no ethanol?

·
Registered
404 Posts
SHouldn't be a problem running the 15% ethanol; 88 octane is not a problem either.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Did you consult the owner's manual? If GM designed the fuel system to work with E15 or E85 then you are good to go.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Interesting hadn't heard of that mix before. If you have the 2.0T (not sure when the RS dropped it) the little extra ethanol might help reduce knock and make a bit more power. OTOH if you have the 3.6, you may actually lose a bit of fuel economy, although I can't imagine it being too much different with only a 5% increase in ethanol content.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
That mix is out there, probably they are in the Midwest.
My '19 boat has a no E15 sticker on it so it's been around a while.
In a E85 vehicle no problem, in E10 I'd consult the manual as a E10 vehicle does not have an alcohol sensor in the fuel line like a E85 vehicle has and the computer tuning that goes along with it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thinking about trying Unleaded88 in my 2021 RS. Right now it's 64 cents cheaper than E10 87 octane. Anyone else run it in their Traverse?
Traverse Owner's Manual:
"Do not use any fuel labeled E85 or FlexFuel. Do not use gasoline with ethanol levels greater than 15% by volume...."
"...For the 3.6L V6 engine, use regular unleaded gasoline meeting ASTM specification D4814 with a posted octane rating of 87 or higher. Do not use gasoline with a posted octane rating of less than 87, as this may cause engine knock and will lower fuel economy."

We have used 87 octane/10% ethanol (VA) in our 2018 High Country from day 1 and never had a problem. It also has the Trifecta Performance software rewrite and we have been thrilled using nothing but 87 octane...

·
Registered
404 Posts
chesapeakechevy--thanks for posting the data from the owner's manual. That clears any potential confusion. Take care!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
We have used 87 octane/10% ethanol (VA) in our 2018 High Country from day 1 and never had a problem. It also has the Trifecta Performance software rewrite and we have been thrilled using nothing but 87 octane...
How has the tune improved the shifting of the 9 speed? I have a Trifecta tune in my '15 Malibu and love it. In the 'bu it needs premium as the little 2.5 in it will ping when the hammer is down and it's wound up like one has to do to get a little 4 banger to step out when needed. The tune in it cleaned up its 6-speed shifting a lot.
I absolutely hate how much that 9 speed is constantly up/down shifting.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Traverse Owner's Manual:
"Do not use any fuel labeled E85 or FlexFuel. Do not use gasoline with ethanol levels greater than 15% by volume...."
"...For the 3.6L V6 engine, use regular unleaded gasoline meeting ASTM specification D4814 with a posted octane rating of 87 or higher. Do not use gasoline with a posted octane rating of less than 87, as this may cause engine knock and will lower fuel economy."

Same here in all of our cars. I go to Delta PA to get E Free for my lawn equipment and for my '61 Impala as much as possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts