Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2011 AWD Traverse and when I went to program the home link, i spent several hours trying to get it to work.
My point is, I never got it to work. I followed the directions in the manual and I still use my remote that came with the garage door.
Is there anyone out there that were able to get their Traverse to accept the code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
highroller1700 said:
I just purchased my 2011 AWD Traverse and when I went to program the home link, i spent several hours trying to get it to work.
My point is, I never got it to work. I followed the directions in the manual and I still use my remote that came with the garage door.
Is there anyone out there that were able to get their Traverse to accept the code.
On my opener there was button on the back I had to press to get it to recognized the Homelink remote. On the back of the opener, not the back of the remote.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ours worked just following the instructions in the manual. Our opener is about 15 yrs old, so I didn't have to do anything on the opener itself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jwhjr said:
Ours worked just following the instructions in the manual. Our opener is about 15 yrs old, so I didn't have to do anything on the opener itself.
I will go home this evening and try it again. Not sure why it is not working for me

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a hard time getting mine to work initially also.
Follow the owner's manual steps to clear the memory in the Traverse side, then push the button on the back of the door opener motor housing, then jump back in the driver's seat, push and hold the homelink button. Seems like I had to do this a couple of times, but finally it took.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jamesmyboy said:
I had a hard time getting mine to work initially also.
Follow the owner's manual steps to clear the memory in the Traverse side, then push the button on the back of the door opener motor housing, then jump back in the driver's seat, push and hold the homelink button. Seems like I had to do this a couple of times, but finally it took.
Good Luck!
Thanks, I did this several times when I first got the Traverse and no joy. I am going to try it again tonight to see if i can get it to work. The owners manual says hold the home link button for 2 seconds and release and repeat until door moves, after you press the door opener button. Or did you hold the home link button the entire time.
It starts out with a slow blinking and then it goes to a fast blinking. But when I think it is programmed, it is not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
programming is a two step process if your g/door is fairly new, first hold the remote and push together with Hlink button of your choice,
then push the learn button on the opener itself, usually red or purple, you then have 60 sec. to push the Hlink button, push then release then push and release again.
door should go up or down. hope this helps. it took a couple of tries before I got mine to work

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vinnyz said:
programming is a two step process if your g/door is fairly new, first hold the remote and push together with Hlink button of your choice,
then push the learn button on the opener itself, usually red or purple, you then have 60 sec. to push the Hlink button, push then release then push and release again.
door should go up or down. hope this helps. it took a couple of tries before I got mine to work
VinnyZ,

Thanks for the information. I did not know that I had to do both. I thought that it was one of the other. That will be one things that I will try once I get home.
I must have overlooked that part in the manual. :banghead:

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
I have homelink... but dont have a garage door opener......
BUT-- I do use the Homelink.. I programmed it to a friends garage door. It was pretty simple.

If you still have trouble- let us know...
I know ive read other GM forums where owners had a heck of a time.... they had to contact someone and have a part sent to them...
It may have been the precursor to homelink.... Id have to double check...
but let us know

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will play with it tonight to see if I can get it to work. I will post my results either way. I know I am not the only one with this issue of getting
the homelink to sync up with the GD opener.

·
Registered
150 Posts
vinnyz has got it...
I tried so many combinations I forgot which one worked, but I think that's the one that did it. The Homelink has to learn the "code" from a remote that works, then it will sync up with the opener.
It will be interesting to hear which method worked !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I agree this makes sense to press the learn button on the GD opener and them use the remote control and press the home link button to get it to learn the new code.
Looking forward to seeing what will happen once I get home to see if this all works or not. I will make a post to let you guys know if this works or not.
I'm sure there are other ways to get this to work but I think VinnyZ point of view is the way to go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vinnyz said:
VinnyZ, you are the man of the day :thumb:
I followed exactly what you said and it worked on the first try. I cleared the Traverse and then I pressed the home link and the remote at the same time until it went to a solid light. Then when that was done, i pressed the learn button on the opener ß :cheers:and pressed the home link for 2 seconds and release and then it started to go down.
You were right on the money. :cheers:
Tanks for all your

·
Registered
202 Posts
rbarrios said:
I have homelink... but dont have a garage door opener......
BUT-- I do use the Homelink.. I programmed it to a friends garage door. It was pretty simple.
:happy: You better tell him that it's you, every time you drive by, his garage door opens! You prankster!

lol

A

·
0 Posts
IIRC; I believe you can also use the buttons to turn on the lights in your house-I will have to look around the Acadia forum to see if I can find that thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
Home links are use for wireless communication from your home to operate garage door openers, gate operators, home lighting, and more. It make life convenient.Programming is even simple as just pushing a button. It's simple and easy to use.

A

·
0 Posts
Elan4Swan said:
Home links are use for wireless communication from your home to operate garage door openers, gate operators, home lighting, and more. It make life convenient.Programming is even simple as just pushing a button. It's simple and easy to use.
Elan4Swan

Your signature block has a link that is not allowed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts