Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd player works that is without issue, however.... everytime I try a dvd, it says it is reading and then gives me an error message. I tried to watch a youtube video on how to do it through my navigation system but that only confused me more. I am unsure if it needs cleaned or what. I was informed by someone working at the store that they no longer sell head cleaners for in dash cd players and that would likely mess up my laser and I would be better off using canned air. I am just weary of moisture.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Unless you have a rear seat entertainment system, I'm unaware of any radios that will play DVD's. You need to provide more info - model year, radio type, etc. Maybe someone can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you have a rear seat entertainment system, I'm unaware of any radios that will play DVD's. You need to provide more info - model year, radio type, etc. Maybe someone can help.
I do have a flip down screen in my ceiling and volume controls in back

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
BTW: If you're expecting to be able to watch it on the nav screen, I think you'll be disappointed. The law doesn't allow it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The lens on the DVD laser is notorious for getting dirty on these cars as the same happens with the NAV dvd and it throws a reading error. I've cleaned mine before with a long cotton swab/q-tip and a dab of rubbing alcohol. Get a small flash light and look for the lens arm and gently clean it with the swab. You'll be surprised as to how dirty these things get. The Nav DVD is a bit harder to clean as it's hard to reach/see, so I ended up taking my radio apart to clean it. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts