Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just came back from Mexico last night in our Traverse and it performed GREAT!!! We only hit one little bump on the road! We were barely 2 hours into our trip when our AC blower stopped working. We would turn the blower all the way up but nothing came out in the front air ducts. Air would come out in the back but it was warm even when we had it to cold. So we turned the blower off for 2 hours and then turned it back on and it started back up like nothing ever happened.
As for gas mileage, we averaged 20 MPG using one tank of Chevron gas from Houston to Laredo. Then in Laredo we filled up with Chevron again and again averaged 20 MPG. But then here is the weird thing, once we were done with that tank of gas, we filled up with Pemex, the red one for those that know mexican gasoline, and we suddenly started to get 28 MPG. We averaged that in Mexico most of the time the rest of the trip, with and without luggage. And once we crossed back to the USA and filled up again, we started to get 23 MPG. That is pretty weird.
As for the rest of the trip, the Traverse performed very well off road. And this was not gravel road off road. This was serious rural mexican mountain climbing roads. I think the traction control system helped alot because most of the time it was raining and you could feel the Traverse sliding all over the place but then the system kicked in and controled the Traverse.

So if you ever plan on going to Mexico, you should definetily take the Traverse!!!
Here are a couple of pictured I took in Mexico of the Traverse. Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
What kind of top cargo bag is that, if you don't mind me asking? I see that it's only attached with the cross bars on the roof rack, is that correct? I'm looking to get one, either soft side or hard cargo box., just doing some research. Photos look great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bag is the Weather Tech Rack Sack. Yes it is only attached to the roof rack. And it is pretty big it swallowed 2 large suit cases and still had room for another suit case, maybe a medium one or a small one. And thanks. Would have taken better ones but I only had my phone.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wonder if your gas mileage being so much better with Mexican gas could be because it doesn't contain Ethanol? The American public is being forced to use a gasoline which gives poorer MPG and less power because of the regulated mandatory use of Ethanol. :angryfire:

A

·
0 Posts
angelca1993 said:
That may be it because it did feel like the Traverse did have more passing power with Mexican gasoline.
Maybe higher octane combined with less ethanol "filler"

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Thanks for the trip info.
How many passengers?

If I remember correctly- you were going somewhere in Jalisco- near Guadalajara?
I cant wait to make that trip in my Traverse.

How many Traverse did you see out there?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had 5 passengers and a whole lot of luggage behind the second row and on the roof. Yes it was a town near gualadajara. I only saw two Traverses over there. One American and the other was Mexican. The Mexican one had Mexico city licence plates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts