Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Traverse for about a month and have only seen two others on the road in the Pittsburgh area - and one of those I'm sure was being test driven because the window stickers were still on the rear window.

Is Chevy selling any? I know times are tough, but boy the Traverse is rare. I feel like I'm driving some sort of novelty car, kinda cool that they aren't as ubiquitous as my previous vehicle - a 2005 Pathfinder SE.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I have now seen a few on dealer lots here in Los Angeles. But I have yet to see any on the road.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ditto. Nothing except Acadias here in Seattle.

I do turn heads everywhere I go though. GM should be paying me commission, because I think I've sold a few.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I keep telling my gf that Im getting rid of the Trailblazer and getting an Aveo..... (to which she ask... where will our kids and dogs fit {shes already planning ahead}).

But ive been dying for her to be with me when we see a Traverse on the road..... I want to see her reaction to the vehicle...

shes already said she doesnt want to be caught driving a minivan when she has a family

·
Registered
417 Posts
rbarrios, I had to take my wife to the dealership and have her test drive it before she was convinced. Driving a Traverse is a dream. Give that a shot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ditto. My wife thought the Traverse looked "way too big" when I showed her the website, but when she actually drove it and saw how the car seat fit in and how much room the dogs would have we drove home with one that night.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
finally saw the 1st traverse in the wild....
I actuall drove up to Orcutt,CA (by Vandenberg AFB) and saw it... looked nice!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Traverses hard to spot.

Don't see many here on Long Island yet, but I had the good fortune to park beside a white one at the grocery store here not long ago.
When I came back out of the store, the woman who owned it was loading it up, so I asked her a few quick questions.
Like most Traverse owners, she couldn't say enough good things about the ride, the room and the looks. [I don't know which trim level, though definitely not the LTZ.]
Said she'd recommended it her friends and relatives. Said her daughter had bought the Outlook, but wish now she'd waited for the Chevy.
I wish I'd asked her if I could have take a look inside at that time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took delivery of my 2LT last week. When I started up the engine it was so quite inside I did not think it was running. So now I see one every morining in my garage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lucky man, Cybergray!

Hey, if you haven't already, do a big favor for guys like me who haven't gotten lucky yet ;D
Please post the details of your car and purchase price in the "Buying/Leasing" section, under "Prices Paid for Traverse."
AND when you get time, write a little about what negotiating skills, tips, tricks, threats, etc. you used in "Tactics for getting the best deals."

thanks [/color]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just saw one zipping through rush-hour local traffic about 1/2 hour ago as I was running an errand.
Unfortunately, it was a rather ugly solid gray color (which Chevy probably calls "Platinum Mist" or some such nonsense).
Had an LT badge on the back, which is mostly the view I got, and which is by far T's worse side.
It's like by the time the designers got around to the rear, they just said screw it, bolt on some sheet metal, stick the tail lights up high on it and let's call it a day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Central Iowa, and I am starting to see a few of them out and about. A week ago, I was at a pizza place, mine was in the parking lot, saw another one in the lot, and once when I was looking out the window, I saw one go by. I didn't feel very special after that.

However, I just got back from 5 days in Phoenix for spring training. I told the fam, lets look for a Traverse, cause I wasn't seeing any. In all that traffic, and all the running around we did, we only saw 1.

I don't know if it is a middle America thing, or what, but I was just amazed at not seeing Traverses around the Phoenix area, when I see one pretty much every day here in Iowa, and trust me, there is a lot less traffic here. Very strange.

Still getting some looks tho. Had a guy come up to me at the gas station today. He was ooing and aahing all over it, and playing 50 questions with me.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Even less seen in Canada as I think it became available up here after it had been on the road in the USA.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't know how he checked, but our salesman said there are only 5 on the road in Lake County (North of Cleveland) Ohio. Maybe he meant sold from his dealership? I seem to be the only silver on the road with one green and one gray seen by myself in the last month. Wife has seen none. Neighbors keep staring at it as we pull in and out of the garage. Of course, with all the mobile accessory folks showing up, it probably looks like a big drama playing out. Dealer has a couple silvers, greens and blacks on the lot still. Dealer said GM has a temporary hold on the silver color right now that cannot supposedly even be ordered. Gray just came off of hold relatively recently and is orderable once again. Apparently GM likes to distribute colors across the inventory and adjusts according to what sells (per our dealership salesman's assumption)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts