Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I piloted the Traverse by myself across the high deserts of our Western United States Saturday morning and early afternoon, "Rally Style".

I raised the tire pressure to 41 psi cold on all four corners before the trip. It rode just fine. Tire pressures rose to as high as 44 when cruising for 90 minutes at about 83 mph in 102 degree F. Following is a link to a tire vs temperature site with technical info, http://www.arden.org/misc/pressure.html

There were about 12-15-miles total of road construction at 60 mph, but only 2 brief (7 and 9 minutes each) stops for fuel etc.

I had 2 great sponsers (pace cars ahead), on I-80 across the Great Salt Lake. We crusied at 90 mph for perhaps 80-miles, (an estimated 20 mpg at 90 mph).

The terrain was mostly flat with some hills that compenstated the up with down. The winds were minimal (no tail, side or frontal of any significance). Traffic through Salt Lake City was at least 60 mph on I-15 with no stops.

The elasped time of 8.25 hours included all time between the trip start at 06:00 to finish at 14:15. This average included all stopped time as well (estimated to total 20 minutes), so the average moving speed was probably closer to about 79 mph.

I thought the Traverse did great averaging 21.6 mpg for the entire 622 mile trip, at 75.4 mph in 8.25 hours. :thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My AWD traverse keeps getting better and better on mileage. I only have 2400 miles on it but the MPG keeps going up. I'm over 18 MPG now but thats with mostly runing around town. So when I make a trip the proof will be in the puding. Hope it does as good you guys are doing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tdk,

I am impressed! Flying that high and still breaking 20 mpg does say something considering the size of these vehicles. I posted a gas mileage topic on the Saturn Outlook site tonight. Click here if you are interested in my experience.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=744.0

Regards,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts