Traverse Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I purchased a white 2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ AWD on December 31, 2008. I have 2,500 miles on the odometer currently. I went out to rum some errands this morning and the Traverse would not start - no cranking, just a click. I then noticed all of the dash lights were starting to dim fast. I called roadside assistance and got a jump start. I drove over to the dealership immedately after that so they could take a look.

The service advisor had asked if I noticed any problems with the car recently. I ran out for lunch yesterday and noticed the parking assist alarm was going off despite having the car in drive. I thought it was odd but just blew it off as a glitch because the alarm eventually stopped. When I got home I always back my Traverse into the garage. The parking assist did the alarm as I got close the garage wall like usual. I shifted into park and the park assist alarm continued to sound for a good 10 seconds after putting the car into park. It finally stopped and I didn't think much more of it.

The dealership found a service bulleting that applies to all the lambdas (saw Outlook, Traverse, and Acadia for sure on the bulletin) with navigation radios and the park assist. I didn't get to read the bulletin but it actually references a problem that can occur if the park assist alarm/chime has been sounding. The service advisor said in certain scenarios the navigation radio does not fully power off and thus causes a drain on the battery. He loaded a software update for the navigation radio that is supposed to correct the issue. The advisor mentioned I was the first to their dealership to present with this issue.

I would have loved to read the whole bulletin but didn't get the chance. My service record shows "Reprogrammed the navigation radio with the latest calibrations per PIT4771A. I am passing along in case anyone runs into a problem with a dead battery. I know how some dealerships don't always find these service bulletins. If I run into any more problems I will be sure to post an update.
I have went through 5 batteries in that past 3 years and never brought it to Chevy because of coarse it being out of warranty it wouldn’t of been cheap . So this last dead battery I brought it to a shop and they couldn’t find out what was causing my battery to die so they changed out my alternator well that just caused more problems that I have never had with the car before , my car was stuttering and hesitating really bad could barely make it up an incline the car had zero power the pedal was to the floor and my rpm needle constantly jumped sometimes it felt like my car was about to die on interstate all this because they changed out my alternator because I have had to replace 5 dead batteries in total of 3 years . And now that shop that messed up my car changing out the alternator said it’s not their problem and won’t return my calls or text messages so now I’m stuck with a car that they screwed up and won’t fix and also put dents and missing paint down to the metal on drivers door .. And I can’t afford to pay anyone else to fix it because it cost me $1495.00 and I can’t work with having a car . Was fired from last job because of my car being broken

·
Registered
11,900 Posts
Did they replace with oem alternator?
I think other reported issues with chinese rebuilds/aftermarkets

81 - 82 of 82 Posts