Traverse Forum banner

Traverse with a Dead Battery

85K views 81 replies 30 participants last post by  rbarrios 
Hi,

We had our 2011 Traverse for about 2 weeks and had a dead battery :mad: after it sat for about 30 hours. Just prior to shutting the vehicle off prior to the 30 hour non-use period, it was backed up and immediately shut off. So, there may be merit in the theory mentioned above about backing up and immediately shutting off the engine not allowing the backup sensors to properly shut down and consequently draining the battery. Hopfully GM will have a fix for this in the future.

No, nothing was plugged in. The exact scenario was this... car was pulled into the garage frontways and turned off. An hour or so later the car was started, backed up a foot or two and shut off. 30 or so hours later the battery was dead. It may have had nothing to do with backing the car up but it sounds plausible. If I test this theory out again I'll be sure to post back with my results. Cheers.

Hi,

Dead battery again. :mad:

I'll be taking it in to the dealer tonight and will post back with the results.

So since the first dead battery I've noticed the alternator gauge has been consistently about 1 number above the midline (sorry don't recall the exact numbers and I'm at work so can't look) which I believe means the battery is low (I think). When I first got the vehicle I believe the reading was dead on in the middle. This may not mean anything but thought I'd post it nonetheless.

Last time the vehicle was used was 2 days ago. It was pulled into my garage frontways and shut off normally without the rear park assist chiming. It wasn't touched again for 2 days so obviously there is something parasitic draining the battery. Hopefully the dealership will be able to track it down.

By the way, I don't have the NAV system.

Hi,

After experiencing 2 dead batteries in the first few weeks of owning my new Traverse, the dealership diagnosed a bad battery and replaced it.

I'll be sure to post back here if I continue to have problems with the battery.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.