Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen these smart cars everywhere, and have often commented on how small they are compared to the traverse. Saw one parked today, and thought "i wonder how much smaller they really are."

So I lined up the front bumpers.... And its less than half!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
hehe, interesting.

I did this with a 2010 equinox the otherday- was a little surprissed.
the equinox is quite large actually.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That's great. ;D

I did this with a suburban, and to my surprise, the Traverse is only about 6" shorter. The suburban does have way more interior room though, as they are taller, and the hood isn't as long. We get the better fuel mileage though, and a newer look. :cheers:

A

·
0 Posts
Take the 2nd and 3rd row seats flat and you could fit a smart car in that space :angel:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Should call them death boxes not smart cars. Show videos of them crashing and you say wow it survived only the force of the impact still was fatal.

There was allot of them popping up but now they are disappearing around my area because the insurance company jacked the rates right up on them so bad.

·
Registered
551 Posts
BigBlueTraverse said:
There was allot of them popping up but now they are disappearing around my area
Maybe they are disappearing because they are ugly as sin :blob: ;D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes there is that too..... I know the person I knew that had one got rid of it just because of the insurance. He was paying $500 than I was on my Traverse.

He bought Cruze now and loves it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Smart car isn't a bad idea...IF you live in a place where parking is tight and traffic rarely goes over 35 mph (Manhattan, other large inner cities.)

However, for what you get, I don't even think the Smart is worth it. Last year we test drove one. It is surprisingly roomy inside...but the ride (engine smoothness, the gaps between shifts) wasn't just bad, it was awful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts