Traverse Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2019 VW Passat R-Line Tourmaline Blue, 2012 Acadia SLT2 Quicksilver, Ebony, with Sunroof, Siderails,
6 Posts
I had a few different NMS Passats as well, btw....specifically 3 of them with the same 3.6 (VR6) that's in the Atlas. The Passat had a (awesome) DSG trans and was lighter, and was a great driving experience.
The slush box in the Atlas & the extra weight didn't give that same enjoyment though...I had to wring out that V6 to get it to move which = worse MPG's & slow.
The 2.0T is an option in the Atlas, but harder to find & I never got to drive one but has the low end torque and should get better mileage as well.

The 3.6 in the Traverse has plenty of power though, for what it is. The 9 speed automatic isn't terrible, but isn't the best either....it just does the job.

Our 2022 wasn't on the lot. I had to go to a couple of different dealers trying to find one that was available that had been ordered by the dealer(s) already & was coming in soon (aka built & in transit to the dealer).
We found it at the end February last year and it was just waiting for shipment, but then it got delayed due to an issue & the sales guy said he had no clue when it was going to show up. We had a deposit to hold it for us though.
Then, out of the blue, it showed up a couple days later & we took it.

I think most of the kinks/issues have been worked out now though and you should be able to order one and get it in a decent time frame (2-3 months?). Your dealer should be able to tell you though.

We want the tow option so we're not convinced the 2.0T is a good choice in that regard.

We took one for a test drive today. Handles the same as our Acadia, no surprise.

Took it to our house to see how it fit into the garage. The 2023 Traverse is 5" longer than the 2012 Acadia so definitely a tighter fit and not much clearance for the garage door.

It's a little bigger vehicle for our needs but it's a big step down into a Blazer or Equinox. Wife & I agreed we'd rather have the extra room.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

· Registered
7 Posts
The Traverse we have had for a year and it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have owned in my life. Everything works perfectly, the ride is better than with my Mercedes, and a very large amount of cargo space. The third row seats fold completely flat and I have a 48" x 48" cargo space behind the second row seats. There is a lot more cargo space with the Traverse than with the Chevy Tahoe or Silverado SUV's.

Visibility is great for driving but in parking situations I rely a great deal on the cameras to show what is around the car. Even with the cameras it is difficult to see over the hood on an incline or to see what is at the side of the vehicle when pulling into a parking space. I added convex mirrors on the side mirrors which helped greatly to watch approaching cars on the freeway. Much easier to see what is around me and to park with my 3/4 ton pickup truck.
Hoping you might be able to elaborate just a bit on the added convex mirrors. Did you just get something like the 2" circular stickons? If so, where did you position them on the existing mirror? Or did you get some type of towing mirror to extend the existing mirrors?

My wife drove our 2000 Tahoe through 22 Wisconsin winters raising 5 kids, so that will go down as our all-time favorite vehicle. Those winters (and years and mileage) took their toll though so we picked up a used 2020 Traverse (Leather AWD) with around 14,500 miles on it. We are approaching 42K now and I like everything about it except the lack of real estate on the side view mirrors. I also find it difficult to park as it only has a backup camera and I feel like it has a larger than normal blind spot. Looking for any input on improving the side view mirror visibility and ease of parking. Otherwise the vehicle has been fantastic. Just regular oil changes using Mobile-1 DexOS and I've done two of AlisoBob's transmission drain/fill services using the Mobile-1 LV ATF HP fluid.

· Registered
2019 VW Passat R-Line Tourmaline Blue, 2012 Acadia SLT2 Quicksilver, Ebony, with Sunroof, Siderails,
6 Posts
Don’t know if you bought yet.
The Honda has a timing belt and will need to be changed at 100,000 . Along with water pump around 1,000 to 1500.00
My son has had 2 , good suv but beware in the timing belt
Thanks for the feedback. I find the Honda & Highlander a little less solid when I open/close the doors and knock on the panels to get a sound for the metal thickness. I hear they are noisier as well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts