Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to purchasing a 2020 SUV and I'm stuck between the Traverse and Pilot. Any thoughts? Anyone have any issues with newer a model Traverse? I like the way the Traverse looks on the outside, but I give a slight edge to the Pilot interior. Both ride nice, but the Pilot is a bit quieter. The Traverse has a bit more power. I appreciate any differentiating factors you guys could provide.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Justin: any big difference in pricing between the two?

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Traverse is larger than the Pilot... which could be a benefit or a hindrance depending on the buyer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
(Per-purchase important to me) I found the Traverse to be the only one in it's class that could fit 4 foot wide sheet goods. Takes minutes to convert from 7-person vehicle to 2-person vehicle with HUGE storage capabilities.

(Since I've owned my 2019 for about 1+ years) Love the power, fuel economy, and huge interior storage capabilities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know about the Honda Pilot. But, I think my 2019 has too much road noise for the price point. 2019 LT2 45k dollars. Aside from that, I like it. It’s my third Traverse and I drive about 17k per yr in a metro area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tested several competitors and obviously I chose the Traverse. IMO, based on these...
- More Power :)
- More standard features/Premier
- More room/I'm 200 lbs + seats are just wider.
- 20" wheels

I drove to Denver, Colorado Springs, Royal Gorge, Vail, Pikes Peak, through the mountains from St. Louis. Very smooth and nice ride. 300+ hp had no issues in the mountains.

Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I test drove a 2018 Pilot and drove it to a nearby freeway onramp and then accelerated to merge with traffic. It took a full 4 seconds after flooring the gas pedal before the engine gained power and downshifted so that the Pilot would start to accelerate. The 25 to 65 mph time was at least 12 seconds and I repeated this exercise on the return leg back down the freeway. Accelerating from 55 mph in the slow lane to pass in the left lane was also a problem with the transmission being exceedingly slow to downshift and the vehicle to accelerate.

I repeated the same trip with the 2018 Traverse that was being sold by a dealer across the street from the Honda one, and acceleration to merge with traffic was smooth and fast. No problems quickly accelerating to pass a truck either. No way would I ever drive the Pilot as where I live it would dangerous on the freeways.

The Traverse we have had for a year and it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have owned in my life. Everything works perfectly, the ride is better than with my Mercedes, and a very large amount of cargo space. The third row seats fold completely flat and I have a 48" x 48" cargo space behind the second row seats. There is a lot more cargo space with the Traverse than with the Chevy Tahoe or Silverado SUV's.

Visibility is great for driving but in parking situations I rely a great deal on the cameras to show what is around the car. Even with the cameras it is difficult to see over the hood on an incline or to see what is at the side of the vehicle when pulling into a parking space. I added convex mirrors on the side mirrors which helped greatly to watch approaching cars on the freeway. Much easier to see what is around me and to park with my 3/4 ton pickup truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts