Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an article on caranddriver.com, the Traverse is scheduled to launch in September 2008. This is only slightly more narrow than the previous 'Fall 2008' we've been hearing, but it's the first time I've seen an actual month being named. We'll soon see how accurate it is.

Stay tuned...

C

·
0 Posts
I saw the caranddriver.com report too - very kind words for the Traverse, I thought. If a vehicle is to be "in showrooms" in September, how far in advance can orders typically be placed by the dealers? Thanks for keeping the great info coming!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe on enclaveforum.net, people started placing orders about a month before they came out. However, the entire platform was still very new at that time. Since the Lambdas have been about a year and a half, they may be able to start taking orders earlier this time. Then again, since these will be built in a different plant, maybe not... ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
My guess would be no later than July to start accepting orders as they are supposed to start shipping the other 09 Lambdas that month-albeit from a different plant. This also assumes that pricing has been announced by then and that the strike issues don't impact Spring Hill. Thanks again for the C&D catch admin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you guys have any update to this ? We recently traded in our 04 Tahoe and bought an 08 Honda Pilot - basically to get us 2 years before we buy a second year Traverse.....But I would like to see one in person.

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, no more news on the release date. Stay tuned. We'll definitely post something as soon as news breaks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
A dealer in S. Georgia told me today they can start ordering on July 16.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OL_Shopper said:
A dealer in S. Georgia told me today they can start ordering on July 16.
Do you know if this still rings true as I am supposed to go to the dealership tomorrow to put my order in for one as I want it delivered before we head out on a 3 week camping trip in Oct.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know, but will call & find out. Interested in prices equipped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OL_Shopper said:
I don't know, but will call & find out. Interested in prices equipped.
If you can find out if it is in autobook that would be great it will save me a trip to the dealer if I don't have to go in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not familiar with Autobook. My local dealer checked and they can order as of today. Option prices are all "WA" (will announce?).

·
Registered
24 Posts
OL_Shopper said:
Not familiar with Autobook. My local dealer checked and they can order as of today. Option prices are all "WA" (will announce?).
Autobook is what the Canadian dealers use to factory build orders for customers I am sure the US dealers have the same thing it just may be called something different.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the link OL I sent that along to my dealership they hadn't even seen it yet. They still don't have it in teh system for builds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts