Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Model year is a ‘14. My wife always complained that the Acadia (it’s the Denali) rides rough and makes her sick, but she loves her friends traverse. Time to switch out the suspension after she hit a curb and blew the strut seal, lol, (tracks straight just a clumpity-clump over rough road) and I was wondering if any of you knew if these are interchangeable between models? At the time of sale we were told they had stiffer springs on the Acadia but I can’t image any other parts would be different. She doesn’t tow and will run it till it’s dead.
I don’t believe so but wanted to double check; some of y’all know so much.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I can't tell you if they'll fit.

BUT - I'd suggest you go to GMpartsdirect.com and look up the shocks on each vehicle and see if you get the same part number. That will tell you if the shocks are the same; if they are, then it's probably not the shocks that are making your Acadia ride rougher.

Of course, if they're different PN's, then you'll have to decide if you want to take a chance and try them or not, unless someone here is able to tell you that they'll fit.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,169 Posts
Rock auto is a more user-friendly website than some of the GM ones and is accurate also. Shows GM part #'s also.

Reactions: rjmcnasty

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s probably the tire sidewalls that make the difference. Most traverses have 18”’wheels and GMCs probably have 20”. Overall tire dia is the same. The shorter stiffer sidewall makes for a harsher ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your looking to see parts interchange. Go to your favorite auto parts store on line and look up the aftermarket parts for both... See if they are the same part number ( like AutoZone Duralast part number)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It’s probably the tire sidewalls that make the difference. Most traverses have 18”’wheels and GMCs probably have 20”. Overall tire dia is the same. The shorter stiffer sidewall makes for a harsher ride.
This is probably a factor I would check. Also, IIRC the Traverse slotted in the middle for ride/handling whereas the Acadia was the stiffest and the Enclave the most plush. For what the differences are I can't say but one would have to imagine there is some variance in suspension besides the wheel/tire options.

2014 Buick Enclave: The Sophisticated Sibling

"This also makes the suspension feel more refined, whereas in the Acadia and Traverse it feels more truck-like. Suspension tuning has been altered for a smoother ride, and the Enclave exhibits an almost luxury-sedan-like feel, which is further enhanced by the quiet interior."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts