Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone posted about their left foot freezing.

Well you may want to look into this....
While looking around under my drivers seat- I noticed that not only is there 1 large vent by towards the gas pedal...
But theres also a smaller one towards the rear.

But- I also noticed that I had moved the floor mat the other day- and the floor mat was covering the outlet...
To correct this I didnt move the mat-- but I simply pressed down on it so that its flush with the ground...
youll see when you press on it...

This morning I turned on air to blow warm air at my feet.
All I had to do was move my left foot towards the base of the seat-- where this vent made my left foot nice and warm...
Here in Los Angeles its not cold like it is for you out there in the snow--- but- look into this- could provide just enough heat to make your travel a little nicer....

look at the pics- and youll see what Im talking about--- you can click on the pic- or the filename to make bigger....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
:thumb:

Nice little find. I bet it is easy for that little vent to hide behind that floor mat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
that was me. I checked and that vent is not covered. My wife mentioned it too. I still need to crawl up under the dash and see what's going on up there. I can't beleive that would have been the intended design because ours is really cold on the left foot ???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Which left foot? ;D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I would recommend checking the molding under and around the door and making sure it's all good. I would also have the dealer pull the door panel and check the plastic liner and make sure it's sealed to the door.

For those who never took door cover off this is just a big chunk of plastic that seals the door mainly outside air. If it's ripped or not down all the way air can get in from outside.

Just some suggestions.

My issues with the door moldings on my last vehicle were not just air it was letting water in. The seal would get cold then freeze lift off the door and was letting air and water in. They fixed it by using silicone and sealed it down to the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts