Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Traverse (2LT Cyber Grey, Grey leather interior) on Sept 11; it was built and invoiced on Oct 10. Delivery is expected on October 23.

I passed on the DVD system because I wanted the dealer-installed dual-headrest DVD. With the vehicle on the way, the dealer is preparing for the DVD install. However, GM tells them that the DVD headrests for the Traverse are only available in cloth. This despite the fact that they're available for the Acadia in leather. So they're checking to see if they can use Acadia headrests or some other. I had suggested the Tahoe but apparently the Traverse headrests are considerably smaller than the Tahoe's. I'll update here for those interested.

·
Registered
426 Posts
From pics I've seen, All Lambdas use the exact same headrest. As long as you can match color, you should be able to use a headrest DVD for any Lambda on your Traverse. The Yukon/Tahoe headrests are a completely different design.

Congrats on your order, BTW! You're going to love it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
ramjet said:
I ordered my Traverse (2LT Cyber Grey, Grey leather interior) on Sept 11; it was built and invoiced on Oct 10. Delivery is expected on October 23.

I passed on the DVD system because I wanted the dealer-installed dual-headrest DVD. With the vehicle on the way, the dealer is preparing for the DVD install. However, GM tells them that the DVD headrests for the Traverse are only available in cloth. This despite the fact that they're available for the Acadia in leather. So they're checking to see if they can use Acadia headrests or some other. I had suggested the Tahoe but apparently the Traverse headrests are considerably smaller than the Tahoe's. I'll update here for those interested.
Ramjet - did you get this sorted out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guyatherton said:
Ramjet - did you get this sorted out?
Yes. They found an equivalent part number (I assume from another Lambda) and put it on order. However, GM came back and said the units were out of stock and they didn't know when they would get them in. Because the units are covered under the 3 yr/36k warranty only if they're part of the original vehicle purchase, I paid for them when I bought the car.

The headrests arrived this past Monday from GM, about 2 weeks after the car was delivered. I'm returning to the dealer for install next Friday and will be sure to post my impressions of the units. Haven't gotten an explanation for GM's delay but if I hear anything useful I'll post.

·
Registered
417 Posts
GM seems to have delivery issues at times. Especially with very new vehicles. Patience is key (as I learned with my Traverse purchase :) )

One option I'm interested in is the information keyfob with dual direction communication. It's available for the Enclave and GMC, but not yet for the Trav. Odd isn't it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey guys, I finally got on your forum. My 07' OUTLOOK was just replaced by GM for an 09' OUTLOOK and the 09' has the dealer installed headrest DVD's, they look OEM and are leather or pleather, its hard to tell but the DVD players are touch screen and have 30 games installed into them. Our 07' had the overhead DVD player and that kind of got in the way of the rearview mirror, I think the headrest players will be alot better :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Hey guys, I finally got on your forum. My 07' OUTLOOK was just replaced by GM for an 09' OUTLOOK and the 09' has the dealer installed headrest DVD's, they look OEM and are leather or pleather, its hard to tell but the DVD players are touch screen and have 30 games installed into them. Our 07' had the overhead DVD player and that kind of got in the way of the rearview mirror, I think the headrest players will be alot better :thumb:
We are thinking about the headrest DVDs? Do they play together or independent of each other? And what do they cost, does anyone know if you can get this online somewhere?

thanks, dearsmiths

·
Registered
201 Posts
Visualogic is the company that is OEM they can play both ways.

·
Registered
139 Posts
dearsmiths said:
We are thinking about the headrest DVDs? Do they play together or independent of each other? And what do they cost, does anyone know if you can get this online somewhere?

thanks, dearsmiths
They play together or independant of each other(or atleast mine does)The cost of them was $1900.00. GM accessories will show some for around the same $$. Also Audiovox.com is a good source :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM accessory page:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Chevrolet/2009/Traverse/RSE - Headrest DVD - Dual System/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Chevy Parts People:

http://chevroletpartspeople.com/searchproduct.asp?model=Traverse&catid=3434161718395602&year=09&productdesc=Rear+Seat+Entertainment

Also found this blurb:

General Motors Accessories has expanded its line-up of rear seat entertainment product offerings with Dual Player Headrest DVD Systems that offer two 7-inch TFT-LCD flat screen color monitors and two top-loading DVD/CD/MP3 players along with two wireless headphones. Back-seat passengers have a variety of entertainment options with each Headrest DVD System able to operate independently, allowing one DVD movie or video game to be viewed on both headrest screens, or each screen can play a different DVD or video game. CDs and MP3s can also be played on one or both units.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts