Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is your Traverse dying out of the blue? Will not restart, wont crank, just dashlights and a rapidly flashing CEL upon turnIng the key?

Dont buy a new alternator, PCM, ignition or battery..

CHECK THIS FIRST..

Ive fixed 3 Traverses 2009-2010 by doing this.. it is a bad ground. The wiring harness ground on the passenger side corrodes and you lose ground to the PCM. Causing intermittent loss of power.

When you have the issue wiggle and pull on the wire harness pictured. If the problem quits youve found your issue. You need to replace the terminal that grounds the harness. Maybe a 5.00 repair. OR in some cases the bolt (10mm ratcheting box end)
may have just loosened. It may be a good idea if you take it out to put some thread locker on it.

I should add the possibility of a bad wire in the harness as well but youve narrowed your issue down to a location..

I hope this helps as ive seen a lot of frustration over the issue. Good luck!

Please take the time to reply if this worked for you and help others.. thank you!!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were all 09-10 Traverse.

The connector is on the backside of the engine block.

Im working on one currently ill try to get a picture. I believe its technically the 110? in the schematic you posted in another thread i was reading.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one is just loose, you can see the gap in the photo between the connector and the engine. Making intermittent contact and occasionally shutting down the vehicle. Ot also made traction control disabled, gas gauge empty etc. This is the best photo i could get. The best way to describe location is directly under the first bend in the metal t7be as it goes over the engine.

· Registered
91 Posts
This one is just loose, you can see the gap in the photo between the connector and the engine. Making intermittent contact and occasionally shutting down the vehicle. Ot also made traction control disabled, gas gauge empty etc. This is the best photo i could get. The best way to describe location is directly under the first bend in the metal t7be as it goes over the engine.

View attachment 9787
Thanks for the info

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem at all! I hope this helps. I was in the same boat with my personal vehicle and it was extremely frustrating trying to pin it down. No 9ne likes just throwing money away.. but if you do.. i have paypal. 😅🤣😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts