Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All,

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Traverse yesterday - 2LT PKG. Here is my story. I was one of those guys that never purchased an "American Made Car" because, well, I thought most of them were POS. Well, my wife and I searched and searched for a mid sized, 7 seat SUV (We refuse to buy a mini van, if I did I feel like I admitted defeat). Well, a friend of mine told me to look at a Traverse (he has a 2010 and loves it). I was very reluctant to even go test drive one, but when I did, I fell in love. I test drove the 4-Runner, Highlander, Pathfinder and by far, the Traverse drove so much better to me and was roomy!

I drove my sales rep crazy. I opened the doors, folded down the seats, played around with it for 3 days trying to find something I didn't like. I didn't.

I will be picking up the Traverse tomorrow after they install the DVD player. Question, I specifically asked if it was a factory DVD player and he said yes, but he seemed not to know. Also, where do you put the DVD in? Where you put CDs?

I got Silver color, Leather, Heated Seats, Tow PKG, USB, XM, Connectivity PKG, Power lift Gate, DVD, Remote start, Captain Chairs, rear view camera. 0% and paid $33,277 before Tax Tag and Title. Do you think that is a good deal or should I try to talk them down more? I haven't signed anything yet :)

I hope I love the vehicle when I pick it up tomorrow.

EDIT: The price was $33,277 after tax tag and title.

·
Registered
150 Posts
trippinants,
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your decision to get the Traverse...
We've had ours for 2 months now and do love it. I feel like I should keep getting things for it - chrome wheels, cargo mats, etc. :)
I won't comment on the price you're looking at - seems to me it's more how you feel about the deal. We traded in a car and felt we got a good trade in amount, plus a decent price on the Traverse, so I didn't obsess about a few dollars one way or the other.
On our 1LT, the DVD drive slot is above the radio buttons, and the CD slot is below.
The Traverse drives nice, rides nice, has tons of room and looks classy - much more so than a mini van (in my opinion). I'm hoping for many, many worry free miles and years with ours, and wish you the same!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. It sounds like a very nice ride indeed. We have basically the same vehicle, with the exception that our is Red Jewell. Enjoy your new ride. :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats! Now tell your friends! I hate foreign cars.... Hey I'm from Detroit so I have to! You will love it. :thumb:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!!

We picked ours up the day after Christmas 2009 and have no regrets. I know how you feel about the minivan...we were just about to pull the trigger on a new Honda Odyssey when I saw Howie Long on TV talking about the new Traverse. Boy am I glad we waited. I think my wife loves the Traverse more than I do. She's out driving around town in the snow right now--I feel alot better about how she's able to get around in crap like this.

Welcome to the club--enjoy your new ride!! :cheers:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrads, welcome to the Traverse Club , I have just about the same LT2 but with AWD, you are going to love this Chevrolet machine .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I was one of those guys that never purchased an "American Made Car" because, well, I thought most of them were POS.

Welcome to the group, and glad to see you giving Detroit a chance. I am just the opposite, and have never owned anything other than a GM or Ford since I began driving over 42 years ago! I can honestly say I've never had a "lemon" in all those years.

I thought most of them were POS

It is funny the stereotypes that we come to believe for whatever reason. I always thought the imported vehicles were cheaply made, used inferior steel, and had no resale value at all. Now remember, I was looking at some of the Japanese cars from the 70's when they were first coming over here, and that's how they were! Things changed over the years but I never stayed up on what was happening with them or how they were improving and held my beliefs for many years. It has only been in the last 6 or 7 years that when we have looked for a new vehicle that I have actually looked at the imports and considered them in our buying decision. So far, however, the Detroit offerings have still won me over.

Do you think that is a good deal or should I try to talk them down more?

That is a question which I just find funny when asked by someone who has always purchased imports. As I said, there are many stereotypes, and one that I have always thought to be true was that import dealerships would never deal on prices of their cars and trucks. The price was going to be what the dealer said, and that was it! I even ran into that the few times we did look at some imports. So for all those years you bought imports (if you bought new) did you find them to be less than willing to deal as much as what you might have found now with a Chevrolet dealer?

Again, welcome to the forum and I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have never owned an American car before. Everything has been from Japan or Germany.....for the same POS reasons listed.

The Traverse has TOTALLY changed my mind about the quality of American cars. With the next purchase, we will look American first.

A

·
0 Posts
raffaelli said:
I have never owned an American car before. Everything has been from Japan or Germany.....for the same POS reasons listed.

The Traverse has TOTALLY changed my mind about the quality of American cars. With the next purchase, we will look American first.
Glad to hear ;D

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I was a young man there was the slant 6 and the 318. Then came the K car and there I went.
The last car is an Accord from 1998 that now has 400,000 miles. It sits on the hill as a spare. I'm happier with the Traverse than I have been with a car (truck/bus) in a long time. Time will tell if it'll do the miles.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
congrats i have always driven chevys since i was 16 and i will say that i wanted a tahoe but could not afford it so i went traverse just hit the 1000 mile mark and by far the best decision i made......i also think you got a great deal on the price..

·
Registered
277 Posts
trippinants said:
I was one of those guys that never purchased an "American Made Car" because, well, I thought most of them were POS.
Same here! My wife just loves the Traverse. Whenever it's in for maintenance or repairs, she misses it which gets me jealous sometimes. Being Asian immigrants, it's our way to help Uncle Sam too. Nevertheless, it is indeed a great vehicle!

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
oh oh--- does she love me-- or love the traverse more....
:beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We also have had ours for two months and love it as well. I hasve the LS model with a few options, dealer added the chrome rims, must admit that adds a nice touch to it

·
Registered
186 Posts
sounds like an awesome deal for a 2lt, especially if its AWD...i'm sure you'll enjoy your new ride! WELCOME!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll post some pics tomorrow. The dealership just put my running boards, tow package, and roof racks on for me.

On another note, tried to pair my wife's phone to the bluetooth and I assume I don't have bluetooth even though the rep told me I did. They were supposed to add the remote start today as well, but they said they would have to add it in 2 weeks, something about the part won't be available till then.

Err

But, I the SUV is still awesome!

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
trippinants said:
I'll post some pics tomorrow. The dealership just put my running boards, tow package, and roof racks on for me.

On another note, tried to pair my wife's phone to the bluetooth and I assume I don't have bluetooth even though the rep told me I did. They were supposed to add the remote start today as well, but they said they would have to add it in 2 weeks, something about the part won't be available till then.

Err

But, I the SUV is still awesome!
welcome.

several comments...
Ive seen several posts about the salesman 'Assuming' it had bluetooth.. only to find out- it does not.
Also- youve probably already read about dealer installed tow package vs the factory tow package....
And yes- Ive seen multiple posts about remote start being backordered or something for the 2011's....

Im curious to see your running boards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is the difference in tow packages? I'm really not going to tow anything with any weight.

Only things I pull will be

Trailor w/Canoe
One of those basket things for extra storage space

Pics will come tonight.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts