·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2009 Traverse Overview

Assembly Plant: Spring Hill, Tennessee
Driveline: Front engine, front- or all-wheel-drive
Engine: 3.6L V6 Direct-Injection (DI)
Horsepower/torque (estimated): 281 horsepower/253 lb.-ft. of torque (single exhaust); 286 hp/255 lb.-ft. (dual exhaust)
Transmission: Hydra-Matic® 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission
Seating capacity: 7 or 8 passengers

Key Standard Features

True to the goal of “everything built in”, Traverse is packaged with an all-inclusive mentality in mind.
So, what are the key standard features?

LS

17-inch wheels and tires
One year OnStar® Directions and Connections, with Turn-by-Turn Navigation
CD/MP3 player
XM® Satellite Radio
Eight-passenger seating
Automatic headlamp control

1LT

18-inch wheels and tires
Rear Park Assist
Luxury Décor
Body-color moldings and mirrors
Power driver seat
Steering-wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls
Mirror-mounted turn signals
“Spotter” mirrors for enhanced blind zone visibility

2LT

18-inch wheels and tires
Rearview camera system (in ISRVM)
Second-row captain’s chairs
Rear audio controls
Tri-zone climate control
Bose® audio with 10 speakers
Power liftgate
Bluetooth capability

LTZ

20-inch wheels and tires
Navigation radio
Rearview camera system in NAV
Dual exhaust
Perforated leather seats
Heated/cooled memory seats
Heated windshield wiper fluid
Standard XM NavTraffic*, a satellite delivered traffic information service that enhances a GPS navigation system with the ability to show real-time traffic data For more information, see www.xmnavtraffic.com
* Included and only available with (UZR) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation or (U3R) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player and DVD-based navigation. Includes (U2K) XM Satellite Radio. Required XM radio and XM NavTraffic monthly subscriptions sold separately after trial period. XM NavTraffic only available in select markets. Subscription fee is consumer only. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions are non-transferable and subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States.

Feature Details

SmartSlide™ second-row seat

Allows quick, easy one-handed movement of the second-row seats to provide for access to the third-row
Works independently on 60/40 split bench seat, as well as the captain’s chairs
An additional benefit is four inches of fore-aft travel for the second-row, which can help accommodate long-legged passengers seated in either the second or third row, or for increased storage space
Standard on all second-row configurations

Consoles

First-row console includes:
Cupholders
Rolltop-style storage area
Sliding armrest with top storage
Three-prong outlet standard on LTZ included with DVD
Second-row console includes:
Two storage compartments
Can fold to the level of the back of the seats
Front console standard on all trims
Second-row console standard and only available on LTZ

Infotainment

Available rear-seat DVD with 8-inch screen with VGA resolution and Bose Surround Sound
Front-seat passengers can watch DVDs on NAV screen while Traverse is in park
Infrared headphones for rear-seat passengers
Bluetooth®-enabled telephone on 2LT and LTZ models

Sunroof System

Optional panoramic SkyScape™ sunroof system (tilt and slide in the front with a fixed 3-foot by 4-foot skylight and power roller shade at the rear) to increase the feeling of openness

Exterior Colors

Dark Cherry Metallic
Silver Metallic
Dark Blue Metallic
Olympic White
Gold Mist Metallic
Gray Metallic
Black Granite Metallic*
Red Jewel Tintcoat*
Medium Brown Metallic
Green Metallic
*Extra charge

·
Registered
12 Posts
You had to post that didn't you? Now my decision is even harder because I'm trying to decide between the CTS and the Traverse. I would love to see the actual colors. Come on fall!!! It would be nice if they included the 40G HDD in the Traverse.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well most of the colors are dups of other Lambdas, so you know what they look like. In fact, I think only Green Metallic is new. And that one was the first pic shown, one in which I tried to duplicate closely in my photoshop colors thread, so that should be fairly close.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the marketing and autoshow pics of the Traverse I've seen use the low beams as DRLs, which is the same as the halogen Acadias and Outlooks, so I guess it won't be an option.

·
Registered
115 Posts
HID's would be one way to start differentiating the models. If every brand has the same options what is the point of having four brands?

·
Registered
28 Posts
zman, I agree. That is pretty much one of the few things exclusive to the Acadia outside of styling. If all options are available across the board we would be swamped by the GM rebranding critics. Of course that is easy for me to say because HID doesn't appeal to me. If the Acadia was the only one with bluetooth I would be bummed. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
pjbruin6 said:
zman, I agree. That is pretty much one of the few things exclusive to the Acadia outside of styling. If all options are available across the board we would be swamped by the GM rebranding critics. Of course that is easy for me to say because HID doesn't appeal to me. If the Acadia was the only one with bluetooth I would be bummed. ;)
I think you are confusing HID and HUD, since the HID (High intensity discharge headlamps) are available on the Outlook, Acadia
and Enclave. HUD (Head Up Display) is to this point an Acadia exclusive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
linuxtwit you are right. I realized it about 5 minutes after I posted but didn't bother correcting as I knew someone like yourself would catch it. And it is the HUD that I am not interested in. I would be interested in HID if it were available but it is not a showstopper for me.

C

·
0 Posts
I was just looking at EnclaveForum and saw a post of "official" 2009 changes. There's also an excellent "dealer's eyes only" sales tool from Enclave's pre-introudction days that does a great job of comparing Enclave to Acadia - not to mention other competitors. Does anyone know if any such information exists for the Traverse? The model breakdown that's posted here is great but Enclave touts their exceptionally comfortable front seats and quiet ride. I was thinking of going to test drive the Buick to confirm my desire to be one of the first to order a Traverse but am now wondering if it would be a fair comparison. I thought at least the seats were probably common... I don't see myself as a "Buick person" and really like the looks of the Traverse better. This vehicle will be the first American car I've had in 20 years and the first that isn't a sporty sedan with a manual so I'm taking a huge leap... Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm hoping that the "luxury decor" in the 1LT does not mean leather seats and wood trim. I would like the 1LT but would prefer cloth and the satin aluminum look dash trim. Really looking forward to this vehicle and hoping my 02 Yukon is still worth something as a trade by the fall. I see the value of my Yukon falling everytime the price of gas goes up!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ceezmom, While I've not test driven an Enclave, I've sat in several and the seats feel identical to my Acadia. The quiet tuning is no joke though. None of the other Lambdas any nearly as quiet as the Buick. They use triple seals on all the doors and windows, double the insulation in the doors and panels, use special seals in the transmission and engine mounts and a special laminated glass. It's not just a slogan, it's actual engineering that goes into the Quiet Tuning aspect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Scarpi I think you are safe on the both the cloth seats and non wood dash. Both the silver and the red Traverse models seen in car shows were purportedly LTZ models and neither had a wood dash so I doubt the lower trim 1LT would. And I think that you would have to order leather seats as an option for every level of trim but LTZ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad to hear that about the dash trim and leather. Just my preference. When we travel we have our two cocker spaniels so we prefer the cloth and I'm so glad you can get the Traverse with cloth and the sunroof unlike the Acadia. Hopefully we can soon actually build one on the Chevy site and see exactly what we can get and the cost. :cheers:

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks, admin! Maybe I'd better try both the Acadia and the Enclave for a noise level comparison. I'll be waiting with scarpi for the ability to build one online. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
ceezmom the one other thing to consider when evaluating the Enclave vs. any of the other Lambdas is that it has a longer warranty (48 month/50K miles) vs. (36 month/36K miles). This may seem trivial to some but as someone who sank a lot of money into a Trailblazer in its 4th year of ownership, that is always in the back of my mind as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ceezmom said:
Thanks, admin! Maybe I'd better try both the Acadia and the Enclave for a noise level comparison. I'll be waiting with scarpi for the ability to build one online. :)
As admin says, the sound level difference is substantial. The regular Lambdas are quiet, but the Buick is extremely quiet.

The Traverse is supposed to have sportier handling than the others. So it probably won't ride as well. Especially with the 20s.

If I had a list of option prices, I'd enter the Traverse into my site's configurator. No options pricing yet, though?

Car price comparisons

·
Registered
17 Posts
scarpi said:
I'm hoping that the "luxury decor" in the 1LT does not mean leather seats and wood trim. I would like the 1LT but would prefer cloth and the satin aluminum look dash trim. Really looking forward to this vehicle and hoping my 02 Yukon is still worth something as a trade by the fall. I see the value of my Yukon falling everytime the price of gas goes up!
In the same boat with a Durango. I am looking at the Outlook XE for the same cloth/no wood reasons, and don't like the non-availability of certain things. According to the PDF I downloaded with standard equipment, I may have to step up to the 2LT to get what I want, so I hope the price is not too high.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts