Traverse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a center console that will attach to the floor between the rear captains chairs. This console will hold the MS-8 and an amp for the center channel. In the cargo area I have an amp rack for a Zed Audio Leviathan and Kronos. I will be going active with Hybrid L8s in the doors, Alpine Spx-107r mids and Hertz ML28s in the A-Pillar. The Kronos will push a JBL w15gti. I need to start running wires as I am almost finished with the amp racks and center console. Any help with where the best place to tap into the bose output wires would be greatly appreciated. I located the amp, but there has to be a better place to tie in since it is way up in the dash. I have not updated my pics in a while, but this will give you a general idea:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Best I can tell the best place to tie in is the passenger side kick panel for all speaker hi-level inputs to the MS-8 and Switched should come from the Yellow located on the passenger side of the center console ( with a relay of course ). Does this sound right?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Personally I'd tie in with an aftermarket splitter from the jack on the back of the radio. That way you can remove quicker and easier if you ever want to sell or something.

I'd love to see updated pics when you get to them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure you are familiar with what an MS-8 actually does. The signal from the back of the radio is worthless-- the volume is controlled at the Bose amp. If I tie in like you are suggesting I will have ZERO volume capability from the head unit. The MS-8 needs hi voltage inputs to work properly and will need the signal post amp for this and the volume control reasons. I have since run all my RCA's to the rear center console area, run a ground line from the battery to the rear storage area ( grounded to body ), and am preparing to run the speaker level input lines from the kick panel to the rear center console. I have been painting and prepping the rear center console box ( carpet, paint, fan ). I am waiting on a stinger fused distro block, so I can run the power and ground wires for the amps. Has anyone found a way to run speaker wires through the doors ( via existing factory door harness or otherwise )?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did this on my avalanche and had to by pass the factory Bose amp this is were you can tap into the factory speaker wire for the doors. I ended up just running monster cable to the new speakers I installed in the doors because the new speakers needed adaptors to plug in to the factory wiring and with the adaptors the wiring came to close to the window regulator for my liking.

8) Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve-- Thank you for the help. Again I cannot stress that there has never been anything on the market like the MS-8. The inputs must be post amp. The MS-8 needs hi level inputs to work best. The volume on the b(L)ose system is controlled at the amp and the source must be taken after the amp. The bose system uses it's own crossover points and for that reason you need to pull the source from at least the two from channels ( which are HP'd at 63Hz ) and pull from the sub channel ( LP'd at 63Hz ). The MS-8 then sums all the signals and flattens the signal. I will be running a mid/tweet in A-Pillar pods ( Hertz ML28 /Tagband 3" Bamboo ), Center Channel ( Diamond Audio 4.5" Coax ), Door Midbass ( Hybrid Audio L8 ) for front stage. The Auto-Tune feature of the MS-8 is just awesome. I cannot wait to utilize it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ And that's fine. Most do not. I spend more time in audio forums and drivers of many different makes that utilize the Bose system are very unhappy.

G

·
and so my point is since this is a car forum; how about we stick to Bose instead; call it what you want on the audio forums

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please remove my registration and this thread. If you don't want audio talk on your forum then I will not help educate others on your forum.

G

·
Audio is fine; I was referring to correct terminology; some members may not understand some of your meanings. I noticed you didn't refer to Bose in that way on your Acadia thread.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Zac911 said:
Please remove my registration and this thread. If you don't want audio talk on your forum then I will not help educate others on your forum.
Zac, I don't think that's necessary. You are free to express your opinion, good or bad, on any and all aspects of these products. If you think Bose Blows, that's ok with me :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You may be happy with your GM/Bose system, but I think your perspective would change once you have listened to something better. If this is the Audio section in a Car Forum we should be able to have an honest discussion regarding the audio system. The biggest problem I have with the GM/Bose system is the lack of workaround capability. GM/Bose should at least have a set of 4v preouts on the back of the head unit or elsewhere that is convenient to access. Due to it being so difficult to work round most people just deal with it. Have you noticed a distinct lack of real audio threads on the Lambda forums??? I am trying to show owners of very expensive vehicles ( dare I say overpriced if you bought in 2009 like I did ) that they do not have to settle for mediocrity. These are not cheap vehicles yet they have average ( on a good day ) audio systems. I bought a fully loaded LTZ and am quite disappointed. I am willing to be there are others out there that have not chimed in or do not participate on forums. From the view count on this thread I believe that most would side with me on this. The MS-8 is truly an amazing option for those looking to upgrade. It is a sound processor, crossover, eq, amplifier and has an autotune feature ( that acually works ). You can use just this one piece or upgrade to external amplifiers. From there you can go to upgrading your speakers. Look I am not trying to throw 12 subwoofers into this thing. I am building an SQ vehicle that works well with the vehicle and retains all of its functionality. I feel that the moderator here is being overly sensitive and I find it Un-American for him/her to prohibit talk of the GM/Bose shortcomings.

G

·
Zac911 said:
I feel that the moderator here is being overly sensitive and I find it Un-American for him/her to prohibit talk of the GM/Bose shortcomings.
I was going to respond to this on a PM, but .........

I could really care less about your views on Bose or anything for that matter, but when you think I am un American............well you crossed the line there. I will have you know I have served my country honorably in the Armed Services for over 20 years and on 4 continents. Don't ever question my patriotism again; if it wasn't for our armed forces; your slanderous tongue would not be allowed to say what you said.

I honestly wish you the best in your project, but watch your mouth when it concerns me specifically

G

·
Zac911 said:
Thanx for the threats. YOU SHOULD HAVE USED A PM FROM THE WORD GO.
Why so everyone here thinks you can put whoever on blast and that's that?? Hardly; maybe you should have bought a stripped out Traverse so you can fill your childish fantasies of having a dream system a little easier..............you aren't worth my time

G

·
I wasn't the one talking about the shortcomings of an audio system that was never designed to be altered; I'm sure GM planned it that way. Realize there are plenty of us that like our Lambda's as they were produced from the factory; sub par audio or not. As I stated before; good luck with your project

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those of you that are happy really have no interest in this thread. Odd that I should be told what words to use and then be told of your honorable service record in which you protected my right to free speech. If you don't care to learn about upgrading your audio system why invest time in this thread when it is clearly not for you? You have made alot of implications and assumptions of me and stalked me as well. It's time for you to drop this.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok, this thread is WAY off topic. I see no more reason for any post in this thread that isn't about modifying the BOSE stereo system.

admin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.