Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and new to Traverse. I know the sticker on the driver's door has the month/year the vehicle was built, but where can I find the actual "date" of production? On my Camaro it is on a tag on the front right side of the engine cradle; wondering if there is a similar location for the Traverse? Would like to know--for my own curiosity. Thanks in advance.
IMG_6389.JPG

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm new to the forum and new to Traverse. I know the sticker on the driver's door has the month/year the vehicle was built, but where can I find the actual "date" of production? On my Camaro it is on a tag on the front right side of the engine cradle; wondering if there is a similar location for the Traverse? Would like to know--for my own curiosity. Thanks in advance.
The bottom right corner on your Monroney sticker has the production date in mm/dd/yyyy. Not sure where on the vehicle it has it, though...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I guess I've never looked that closely at the Monroney sticker. I always keep them, but have never noticed that aspect before. Thanks again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a date on the bottom right of the sticker but that date appears to be something pertaining to the copyrighted General Motors label. The line reads GMLB_PROD_0039-05/19/2019. I interpret that to mean "GM Label Production 0039--May 19, 2019. The sticker inside the front door of the vehicle states the vehicle was produced 01/2020 at Lansing, Michigan, which--in keeping with previous vehicles--indicates a build date of January 2020; the date on the Monroney sticker differs significantly from this date but does confirm the build location identified on the door. I appreciate your help, but I believe the Monroney date is for the blank label. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
Best bet is to call your dealer.
Ask for build date. (via VIN) which they can look up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rbarrios--Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called dealer today--service department--and got my Traverse build date: 14 January 2020. Also had them print its build sheet. Will pick it up the next time I'm in their area. Bought the Traverse from Don Ringler in Temple, TX.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm new to the forum and new to Traverse.
Welcome to the forum!

Despite some of the initial 2nd Gen growing pains for the early 2018 and a few of the 2019 models, the 2nd Generation Traverse remains very nice vehicle.

Hopefully your 2020 Traverse works out well for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. We are enjoying the Traverse immensely! FInding this forum to be a great place as well. Recognize several of the members here from other forums also--rbarrios, JayTee, ColtHero, and others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts