Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a black full bra for my Traverse. The only one that comes up in my search is a clear bra for paint protection on Ebay. Is anyone in the process of looking for one, or has found one?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know if anyone makes a "Bra" yet but after having both on cars and pickups I think the best thing is to get both. The bra's ok on highway trips but bad for everyday use. If you keep a bra on for daily use dirt builds up under the upper edges and if you don't constantly clean it, it will "sand" down your paint. Which brings another problem with a bra. Since it is nice soft material behind the vinyl it holds moisture and is tough on the paint and any welded areas like the underside of the hood edge. So having the chipguard on will help protect against most debris and also keep the bra from cutting into your paint when you use it . This is just my experience, hope it helps

·
Registered
185 Posts
I never even looked at the "bra". I went with the clear coat paint protection 3m film and the hood deflector. Very happy with that. My pics are posted under the photos section - GM accessories pics thread if you have not seen them. Sorry I cannot help on the "bra" itself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the inputs, sounds like the Bra idea is not a good one overall. Sounds like the clear protection is the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts