Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the Olympics. Saw my first Traverse ad. Not impressed. I don't like GM's "real people" ads. They're hokey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was it the one with the Pearl White High Country? Where the families were "hiding" inside the vehicle? That's the only one I've seen, hopefully they'll have more.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's the one. HOOOOKEY.

And I still think it looks just like my neighbors Ford Explorer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yeah, that's the one. HOOOOKEY.

And I still think it looks just like my neighbors Ford Explorer.
Yes, and a zebra looks just like a horse with stripes......same look, but different attitude and ride.

The new Traverse does like a Ford Explorer minus its crappy grille and hood lettering and then chopping a little off the front and a little off the rear of the Traverse. Problem is the midget wheelbase on the Explorer is over 8" shorter than the '18 Traverse ---- critical for the ride. Visually evident by the way the rear door extends and rear seating is directly over the rear axle instead of in front of the rear axle like the '18 Traverse.....gives much smoother ride in hilly terrain and the rear passengers don't get uncomfortable when "humped" riding over the rear axle.

Ford Explorer's length and wheelbase is comparable to my old '08 Trailblazer, a rear seat barfwagon on the back roads. The '18 Traverse' longer wheelbase is on par with the Tahoe and Ford Expedition, rather than the shorty Explorer, with its comparable large size SUV ride plus better and more responsive unitbody handling. And a ride with my Trailblazer's previously complaining back seat "test dummy" confirmed it.

Last month Chevy sent me a survey as a new Traverse customer to get my reaction to potential phrases for their marketing the new model - told them to fire their ad agency because they all sounded like corney crap and they were better off going to a few mechanics in a Chevy dealership and asking him to suggest ad phrases.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, and a zebra looks just like a horse with stripes......same look, but different attitude and ride.

The new Traverse does like a Ford Explorer minus its crappy grille and hood lettering and then chopping a little off the front and a little off the rear of the Traverse. Problem is the midget wheelbase on the Explorer is over 8" shorter than the '18 Traverse ---- critical for the ride. Visually evident by the way the rear door extends and rear seating is directly over the rear axle instead of in front of the rear axle like the '18 Traverse.....gives much smoother ride in hilly terrain and the rear passengers don't get uncomfortable when "humped" riding over the rear axle.

Ford Explorer's length and wheelbase is comparable to my old '08 Trailblazer, a rear seat barfwagon on the back roads. The '18 Traverse' longer wheelbase is on par with the Tahoe and Ford Expedition, rather than the shorty Explorer, with its comparable large size SUV ride plus better and more responsive unitbody handling. And a ride with my Trailblazer's previously complaining back seat "test dummy" confirmed it.

Last month Chevy sent me a survey as a new Traverse customer to get my reaction to potential phrases for their marketing the new model - told them to fire their ad agency because they all sounded like corney crap and they were better off going to a few mechanics in a Chevy dealership and asking him to suggest ad phrases.
Everyone's entitled their opinion, but at the end of the day SALES NUMBERS are what counts. Based on 2017 numbers the Explorer outsold the Traverse almost 2 to 1. That excludes the police vehicles that ford sold so the Explorer sold 238,056 units to the Traverses 123,506. Can't argue with those numbers and a new body style isn't going to make up for 114,550 units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts