• green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Traverse with a/c water leaking on the inside onto the carpet. It runs down under the gas pedal area on the carpet.
I took it back to dealer 2 times. They had to take the whole dash out to get to it. After waiting on the part for a month, I got it back.
I took it home and checked it out. It was still leaking.Took it back, they say they can't find the problem. GM wants me to take it to another dealer to get them to check on it. They will have to pull the dash back out.For those who don't know, it takes about 2 days to get it out, another 2 to put it back in. GM customer service as been horrible. They don't care about their customers. This problem is much worse on high humidity days, or when raining, when the a/c has to dry wetter air.
If you own a Traverse, check under your floor mat, on the carpet around the area of the gas pedal, after running a/c a while, see if its wet.
Sometimes its only a few drops, sometimes its much worse.
If anyone else has this problem post it so I will know

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mad at GM said:
I have a new Traverse with a/c water leaking on the inside onto the carpet. It runs down under the gas pedal area on the carpet.
I took it back to dealer 2 times. They had to take the whole dash out to get to it. After waiting on the part for a month, I got it back.
I took it home and checked it out. It was still leaking.Took it back, they say they can't find the problem. GM wants me to take it to another dealer to get them to check on it. They will have to pull the dash back out.For those who don't know, it takes about 2 days to get it out, another 2 to put it back in. GM customer service as been horrible. They don't care about their customers. This problem is much worse on high humidity days, or when raining, when the a/c has to dry wetter air.
If you own a Traverse, check under your floor mat, on the carpet around the area of the gas pedal, after running a/c a while, see if its wet.
And ... you are MAD at GM for what reason?

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mad at GM said:
As I re read this scenario you are experiencing, are you saying your vehicle was at the dealer for one month ????? If so, I don't know what state you reside in, but you better get busy checking your lemon law.

That being said, I cannot image the flat rate time to R & R the dash approaching 16 flat rate hours ! You may have been told it was a 2 day job, I don't buy it ..... you need to do more investigating concerning your lemon law and buy back criteria!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the same leak in my Buick Enclave. Its only a few drops and I'm not inclined to let the Buick "mechanics" work on it for fear they'll ruin something else. Actually, when I get a chance I'm going to check the A/C drain holes. I had a problem like this with my Pontiac Firebird and Ford Ranger and it landed up being a plugged drain hole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am mad at GM because customer service acts its not their responsibility. They don't want to deal with it.I call every day and leave countless messages to call back and let me know what they want me to do, and I may get one call a week saying they are checking on it. This is a new car, and I didn't pay that much money for a car that has problems.
I am getting my case reviewed to see if I fall under the lemon law. My state law reads 4 trips to service or 30 days of vehicle being disabled within one year. I should qualify for the 30 days.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mad at GM said:
I am mad at GM because customer service acts its not their responsibility. They don't want to deal with it.I call every day and leave countless messages to call back and let me know what they want me to do, and I may get one call a week saying they are checking on it. This is a new car, and I didn't pay that much money for a car that has problems.
I am getting my case reviewed to see if I fall under the lemon law. My state law reads 4 trips to service or 30 days of vehicle being disabled within one year. I should qualify for the 30 days.
Many of the"kids" in customer service are just out of college, do not have a clue or possess the sensitity to get through issues that are complex. You have been the victim of a mechanic within a dealership who does nor give a crap about his work ethics or his ability to problem solve. It appears his service manager at the same dealer does not care, as well. Next you've hit customer service folks who are there to onlly collect a pay check. Speak to a customer service MANAGER ...get the wheels turning to get your vehicle replaced through your state's lemon law. Yoiu need to enjoy your ride, not put up with crap. I retired from 35 years with Chevy dealers ....speak to someone as high on the ladder in Detroit as you can find!

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it back to a different service dept. today, as GM told me to. They decided they would have to pull the dash out again to find the problem. Probably the seal around evaporator, but thats what they replaced before. Anyway, they gave me a Traverse rental,and guess what, its doing the same thing. This must be a design or installation problem. I have heard of Acadias doing it also.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If your vehicle has been in the shop, as you stated, for one month .... you're on your way ( legally ) to have the vehicle replaced through your states' lemon law program.

If you choose to have it taken apart again and again, well, that's your choice, but in my humble opinion, not a sound decision. :eek:hno:

Good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree Bob, not good to keep taking it apart, I was not ok with one time. I'm just waiting to hear from the lemon law attorney. I should hear back in a day or two. If it does work out my way, not sure what car to get next. Love the Traverse, but may have to try a Tahoe.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mad at GM said:
I agree Bob, not good to keep taking it apart, I was not ok with one time. I'm just waiting to hear from the lemon law attorney. I should hear back in a day or two. If it does work out my way, not sure what car to get next. Love the Traverse, but may have to try a Tahoe.
After all is said and done, I wish you the best in getting your Traverse replaced. No one should have to go through what you have gone through ...in such a short period of time.

Good luck,

bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012 with the same problem. I bought this vehicle new and it has only 11,000 miles on it. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and will give them one more try to fix the problem. the first time which was a week ago they cleaned the a/c drain and said they couldn't find any problem. well the water is coming from somewhere. I will give them the last try before contacting gm

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
farmer5253 said:
I have a 2012 with the same problem. I bought this vehicle new and it has only 11,000 miles on it. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and will give them one more try to fix the problem. the first time which was a week ago they cleaned the a/c drain and said they couldn't find any problem. well the water is coming from somewhere. I will give them the last try before contacting gm
Just wondering if you have a sunroof.. The drains for those get plugged as well and can leak.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi farmer5253,

Please keep me posted on your dealership visit! If further assistance is needed, please feel free to let me know. You may send a private message at any time with more details.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

farmer5253 said:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had this problem with my 09 Enclave. It's the seal between the evaporator and firewall; when they replaced my evaporator they replaced this seal and so far it has been fixed. When the evaporator gets very cold, the condensation builds up and drips down if this seal is torn or not positioned correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TODAY IS DAY 3 AND I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THE DEALERSHIP. I WILL BE CONTACTING CHEVY AND I WILL TAKE IT TO MY OLD DEALER WHICH IS QUITE A WAYS AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE. THIS IS INSANE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts