Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my mechanic tested the a/c on my 2011 Traverse because the a/c switch blinked a few times and went off, hence no a/c. He found that my rear a/c lines are leaking. Next week I am going to have him use a kit to seal off the rear lines. It is way cheaper than paying over $1,000 to replace the lines and I do not usually have passengers in the rear. I will also ask him why they developed a leak. On reading some other posts on this forum I see that it may be a design flaw.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Today my mechanic tested the a/c on my 2011 Traverse because the a/c switch blinked a few times and went off, hence no a/c. He found that my rear a/c lines are leaking. Next week I am going to have him use a kit to seal off the rear lines. It is way cheaper than paying over $1,000 to replace the lines and I do not usually have passengers in the rear. I will also ask him why they developed a leak. On reading some other posts on this forum I see that it may be a design flaw.
Unfortunately, you're going to have to get it all sealed back up with either the kit you mentioned or new lines as the system (front and rear) use the same compressor and hence if one is leaking it will take the whole system down - front and rear. I've worked on the A/C system on our 12' Traverse myself and they are actually pretty easy to work on. Only thing I haven't had to do is replace the front evaporator as I'm sure removing the dash would change my mind on that. I've had to replace the condenser (twice - rock's/road debris took them out) and the high pressure line from the condenser to the compressor split. The system is relatively easy to get to everything and you ought to look at getting a set of gauges and learning how to work on it yourself. Only complaint I have is I'd like to shoot the GM engineer that designed the low port connection/schrader to be right next to the front exhaust bank/catalytic converter!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be showing these discussions to my mechanic. Thank you for your input. Yes, GM engineers are a problem, my late husband always said so, as he sometimes had to work with them on the floor in the factory from where he retired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts