Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I have replaced radiator cap, engine temp sensor, thermostat and dex-cool orange acdelco coolant as my Traverse 2010 LS engine temp needle was going up from the middle.

2. Even after replacing all above items, two times engine temp went one point above center and returned back to center position.

3. I just want to confirm that somebody said to check head gasket also....but i dont think so as no white smoke, no goo in engine oil cap.....as this all i know about head gasket...if failing....also when coolant was drained it was all clear.

4. Please help me out that what could be the reason and what to do now?....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Make sure your fans come on first. Does it overheat at idle or down the road or? You don't give miles on vehicle but if a lot could the radiator be restricted? If you have a laser temp gauge check the radiator at idle from top to bottom and be sure there is cooling going on Hotter at top cooler at bottom. Does it ever peg the gauge or consistently run hot.. Did you flush out the system when you changed coolant? All things to check. Regarding Head gasket, I found this:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. My Traverse 2010 LS has done 1,34500km.

2. I did all job done by Petromin at Riyadh, KSA.

3. They removed all coolant from radiator and thermostat. They did not pour water in the radiator. They removed the reservoir bottle and drained all green coolant and washed the bottle and then filled with Acdelco Extended Life Dex-Cool (orange color) coolant. I bought 3 bottles , each 4 Lits. Only 2 have been used.

4. The fans come on first.

5. After all work done, i drove 45km approx and when i was on the way during running the needle moved from center to a littele bit for about 10 seconds and then came to center position. I went to Petromin, they removed radiator cap[ to see the coolant and that was full. They said may be some air. No leakage from downside was there when they checked downside.

6. After that 2 days have passed and no needle going up from center while running nor at idle. But when i have driven the car and parked the car and after 5 minutes or so come back to start the car then i observe the the needle shows above center when i have only switched on the key and not started the engine. But after starting the engine the needle comes to centre gradualy and remains there.

7. There are no symptoms of gasket leakage which you have shared. No goo or white sludge in the engine oil cap. No white smoke and no bubbles in radiator or in reservoir bottle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This pic is when i have only switched on the car and not started the engine. After starting the engine, the needle comes at center gradually. As i have not noticed this phenomenon before so i am not sure that this should happen or not

·
Registered
2 Posts
That seems completely normal. My gauge goes well up into the 3/4 range when I go uphill. Took mine in to see if 8 was low on coolant but it was full and the guy told me that was normal. I’m in South America and driving in mountains so going uphill it always happens.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My last oil change I used a FRAM XG10575 oil filter. The physical size is about 1" shorter comparing to the ACDelco 63E, but it is a correct replacement for my 15 Traverse. I noticed that the temperature went up just like yours. A week later I pulled the FRAM filter and put in a 63E from the dealership. The temp gauge is spot on center like it was. The 63E actually $3 cheaper than the FRAM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts