Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My 2010 Traverse odometer and info screen sometimes goes blank sometimes come itself and sometimes i have to bang the dashboard.
2. At night 95% remains ok and sometimes only little dims and if i bang then it gets more brighten.
3. I asked from the electrical guy of petromin about this, he said all plastic things of dashboard would hav e to be removed and that may damage the plastic too:rolleyes:...
4. What is the issue and how it can be resolved easily...
5. Is there any chance that i hv to replace the whole odometer stuff...i guess dic? or what?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Would it be caused by your light sensor on top of your dash near the windshield?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so...as its doing its job...is there any connector inside the odometer box or dic which may may be loose?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happened to my 2010 as well. Was unable to read the DIC during daylight. Intermittent at first. Now full time. Still can read the DIC at night. I cover the sensor simulating night when needing to access the DIC during the day. I was told the fix requires replacement of the module. And the replacement requires programming – not a DIY project. I believe the estimated cost was $500 - $600. I did not have it repaired.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thx...now at night the intensity of glow of this section is dimm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts