Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post...great site . I currently own a 2004 Honda Odyssey, looking to get into a suv/crossover. Leaning toward the Traverse over the Pilot. Does anybody own a Traverse Travelers Edition??? Is this model only offered in the NYC area.

·
Registered
158 Posts
No, I saw a Traveler's Edition on one of the lots here in the Middle Tennessee area. It didn't have all of the options that I was looking for so we passed on it.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
this is the 3rd time I read about one of these... but never seen one in person...

I think someone here has one of thse....

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
What is a "Traveler's Edition"? I assume its a package from the factory? Special emblems?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quantum said:
What is a "Traveler's Edition"? I assume its a package from the factory? Special emblems?
It is a package from the factory, I have seen two different packages listed, the PCR and the PCV, then these two packages splinter off to AWD and FWD versions.

Don't know what these packages include, at this point.

Bob

·
Registered
158 Posts
The "Travelers Edition" that I looked at included Rear Seat Entertainment and Navigation. Other than that, it didn't have the other features we were looking for so we passed on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally pulled the trigger tonight on the PCV Travelers Edition Black w/Eboby int

TRAVERSE AWD TRAVELER'S EDITION
ENGINE, 3.6L SIDI V6
TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED AUTO
Black Granite Metallic
Ebony
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $36,924.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $35,824.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
TRAVELER'S EDITION PACKAGE:
TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION W/
REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM
TRI-ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM
BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
REMOTE VEHICLE START
UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
XM NAV TRAFFIC (NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.)
NO CHARGE
CARGO SHADE AND NET
(DEALER INSTALLED)
$ 130.00
BLACK GRANITE METALLIC
$ 195.00
8 PASS SEATING W/ 2ND & 3RD ROW
SPLIT BENCH SEAT
NO CHARGE
TOTAL OPTIONS $325.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $36,149.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $775.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $36,924.00 STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right

***MECHANICAL***
5 YEAR / 100,000 MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
ENGINE, 3.6L SIDI V6
TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED AUTO AWD
STEERING, VARIABLE ASSIST
OIL LIFE MONITORING SYSTEM
***SAFETY & SECURITY***
ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM
STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM W/ TRACTION CONTROL
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYS
AIR BAGS, DUAL FRONTAL
FRONT SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS
HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIR BAGS ALL ROWS
PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM
CHILD SAFETY LATCH SYSTEM
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/AUTO CRASH RESPONSE & TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
ULTRASONIC REAR PARKING ASST
***EXTERIOR***
REAR LIFTGATE, MANUAL
OUTSIDE MIRRORS, HEATED, BODY COLORED, TURN SIGNAL, MANUAL FOLDING
INTEGRAL SPOTTER MIRROR
BODYSIDE MOLDING, BODY COLOR
18" MACHINED ALUMINUM WHEELS
***INTERIOR***
PREMIUM CLOTH SEATS
SEATS, FRONT BUCKET
PWR SEAT ADJUST-DRIVER, 8-WAY
8 PASS SEATING W/ 2ND & 3RD ROW SPLIT BENCH SEAT
SMART SLIDE 2ND ROW FEATURE
FRONT & REAR AIR CONDITIONING
REAR CARGO STORAGE
etc

·
Registered
407 Posts
Only pure curiosity here, but what's in the Traveler's edition, and what's the price for the package? It's not on the Chevy website, and I did the live chat thing, and they say they have no information on it, and to contact the dealer. This gets me going.....if they don't keep their websites updated, how can customers get excited about specing out a vehicle. Most people on the internet don't want to go to dealerships, they want to research it on the net....so if the websites suck....so does the perception of GM and Chevy, I'm afraid. :sosad:

EDIT...nevermind...looks like someone beat me to it....thanks for posting Vinny...did the sticker say what the cost for the Traveler's edition?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, that's the whole sticker. I believe it's a LT /1LT with that travelers package. There is also a Travelers Pack. with a DVD RES, but at about $1600 more. I had a DVD RES in my 2004 Honda Odyssey, and my kids only watched it 3 or 5 times a year. I didn't think it was worth the money for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So, basically taking the standard vehicle price, and subtracting a 1LT AWD price before options (via the Chevy website), I get $2,079 for a package price on the traveler's edition. Then you add in the $325 other options, and your vehicle has total options of $2,404.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts