Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our 19 Redline from the dealership. Had the snow tires done as well as the shudder checked. Road test confirmed the issue. TCM update as well as fluid flush as per bulletin 18-NA-091. There was also another code on the invoice.
18YN31866297.
Mileage at service is 36618 Kilometres. Hopefully this is all that is needed. I will update if it returns.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 2000 km since the fluid flush everything seems to be fine. The shudder is gone hopefully to never return. Shifting is very smooth. In stop and go traffic the vehicle seems “calmer” in its searching for gears in rush hour traffic. Quite pleased so far with the results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning - I have a 2018 Traverse and have been experiencing these shudder problems as well. Do you have a technical bulletin number or anything that Chevy acknowledges this that I could reference to them when I take it in again. Since I drive the car daily I notice this all the time - however when I took it to the dealer to get it checked they said they couldn't replicate the error. Now I have been driving it around a few more months and it has become more noticeable so that I would think a mechanic will be able to feel it now themselves. Do we just reference a fluid flush? This started happening right after they repaired a cracked radiator in my vehicle. The shudder happens when accelerating from a stopped or slowed speed, trying to get back up to a driving speed again. And also most noticeable when going up hills. Is that what you were experiencing? I just want to have something to reference so that the dealer doesn't send me away again because there are no error codes happening. Any info will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was experiencing the same issues. Finally, the dealer was able to recognize the issue; they performed a fluid flush and TCM reprogram. Had it done about 2 months ago and it has not shuddered since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good Morning - I have a 2018 Traverse and have been experiencing these shudder problems as well. Do you have a technical bulletin number or anything that Chevy acknowledges this that I could reference to them when I take it in again. Since I drive the car daily I notice this all the time - however when I took it to the dealer to get it checked they said they couldn't replicate the error. Now I have been driving it around a few more months and it has become more noticeable so that I would think a mechanic will be able to feel it now themselves. Do we just reference a fluid flush? This started happening right after they repaired a cracked radiator in my vehicle. The shudder happens when accelerating from a stopped or slowed speed, trying to get back up to a driving speed again. And also most noticeable when going up hills. Is that what you were experiencing? I just want to have something to reference so that the dealer doesn't send me away again because there are no error codes happening. Any info will be appreciated!!!
Here is my repair ticket for the shudder issue
Traverse transmission repair.png

·
Registered
124 Posts
After 2000 km since the fluid flush everything seems to be fine. The shudder is gone hopefully to never return. Shifting is very smooth. In stop and go traffic the vehicle seems “calmer” in its searching for gears in rush hour traffic. Quite pleased so far with the results.
Glad to see that the fix appears permanent. This problem seems to be more prevalent on the '18s.
I also have a 19 Traverse, however it has not (yet) exhibited this problem, fingers crossed.

Curious what the build date is for your '19 Redline,
Mine was built in Nov '18

1 - 9 of 9 Posts