Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 2 issues with my 2009 Traverse transmission.

1. The upshifting of the trans. was sluggish, would hold out for a higher RPM, even though a light throttle was being applied.

2. With cruise engaged and descending a grade, the trans. would downshift to 5th, 4th or 3rd, depending on grade and vehicle speed. Problem was, trans. would NOT upshift again after leveling out ...... once again, trans. would hold out for a higher RPM, before upshifting.

Thanks to the reprogramming of the trans. all is fine now. Trans. upshifing is crisp and quick, plus .... when cruise is on and vehicle is leveling out from a grade, trans. now upshifts back up to 6th in a prompt and crisp fashion.

Bob

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
funny how the cars now get 'software patches...'

thanks for reporting...
someone may find it useful

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rbarrios said:
funny how the cars now get 'software patches...'

thanks for reporting...
someone may find it useful
I, for one, found the update very useful. I hope the explanation of the symptoms and corrections may assist another in their Traverse journey.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) This was the first update done by our dealership after we received our 2010 LTZ. I would have thought it would have been done when being manufactured but I suppose the update came after it left the assembly plant. I did notice the difference even though we had only had it a couple of weeks.

8) Steve

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
on your 2010- really?
I have not noticed any funny stuff on my 2010 trans....

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I already had it a the dealership to have the invisabra re-installed and they told me there was an software update so I told them go ahead and do it since they already had it. But it did seem to shift faster after we got it back or then again it could just be me we didn’t have it that long at that point.

8) Steve

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VB - LTZ said:
:) I already had it a the dealership to have the invisabra re-installed and they told me there was an software update so I told them go ahead and do it since they already had it. But it did seem to shift faster after we got it back or then again it could just be me we didn’t have it that long at that point.

8) Steve
As I said earlier, my trans. now shifts crisper, more to the point, without delay. Before, under a light throttle, upshifts would occur above 2600 RPM's. The trans would hold ...hold ...hold, then upshift.

Now, under same light throttle, trans. upshifts quickly and cleanly around 2200 RPM's.

I have been moaning all along about lack of fuel economy, perhaps the more efficient shifting will also reflect at the gas pump.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts