Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Traverse has 89000 miles. When pulling a small hill at low speeds it downshifts really hard. This occurs with only a little on the accelerator. We have not serviced the transmission yet. Upon checking the fluid it seems clear and the owners manual recommends a service at 97000 miles. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,048 Posts
Change the fluid. For long life of the trans. use the severe schedule, which is changing trans. fluid every 40k miles.
As listed in the severe schedule ANY driving condition such as stop/go city, towing, etc. qualifies the severe schedule.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Traverse has 89000 miles. When pulling a small hill at low speeds it downshifts really hard. This occurs with only a little on the accelerator. We have not serviced the transmission yet. Upon checking the fluid it seems clear and the owners manual recommends a service at 97000 miles. Anyone else had this problem?
ALL THE TIME! Dealer swears they can't recreate it and now that the warranty is expired I'm almost sure they will find something🤦🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hard shifts are caused by excessive line pressure. In these transmissions, it's normally caused by debris in the valvebody. You can try cleaning it with an additive or drain and refill a few times. Mine did something similar, Then about 3 months later it just quit. It hasn't returned.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hard shifts are caused by excessive line pressure. In these transmissions, it's normally caused by debris in the valvebody. You can try cleaning it with an additive or drain and refill a few times. Mine did something similar, Then about 3 months later it just quit. It hasn't returned.
Mine has done it from my day 1 (4 years ago at 80,000 miles). Fluid changes have helped but GM has issued a TSB for the debris in the valvebody in the revised 6T75s that came during the mid model refresh. A thread in the Acadia forum has quite a bit of info on it, and most people got the "it's not hurting anything" response. I can't imagine the TSB's procedure of removing the valvebody to clean it will be cheap, so I haven't done anything.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Reactions: RandyMan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts