Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I'm scratching my head trying to find the FILLER location for the transmission on my 2018 High Country. I know there's no dipstick any more... but I can't see any obvious fill location. Is it toward the grille --- or the firewall? Am I looking for a plastic cap (like the engine oil filler) or a metal plug? The illustrations in the shop manual are vague and blurry (!!!). And yes... with all my mechanical background I'm a bit embarrassed asking. But I am!

·
Registered
19 Traverse Premier FWD
56 Posts
Under the battery you will see the cap you are looking for. Here is my funnel filling fluid on my 2019:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Attachments

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you drain fluid and how do you know if it was filled correctly? Looking to do mine it has 60k miles. Thanks
Hi Martin... There are several threads on the forum on how to... it's probably easier than an engine oil change because there's no filter. The drain plug is on the bottom of the trans and it'll stick out. (It's not supposed to be threaded all the way in.. it's a tapered pipe fitting). The fill port is under the battery. If you release the electronic module from its clips next to the battery and swing it out of the way you'll see it. It's black plastic. Super long and skinny funnel mandatory.
Couple critical things... you will need a minimum 6quart pan to drain into, and you'll need a big measuring cup. (There's NO dipstick... so you have to measure how much fluid came out and put in EXACTLY that amount.) In my case.. I got out just under 5 quarts. Refilled with the Valvoline full synthetic LV fluid and the results were amazing. Much smoother shifting... that low speed lurch is gone and so is the shudder. It'll take you under an hour and it is SO worth it.

·
Registered
19 Traverse Premier FWD
56 Posts
Reactions: rt1902dmi
1 - 5 of 5 Posts