Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, been out to sea and just got back. XM radio sent me a subscription renewal and had various options including a traffic package. Hard to believe it's been 90 days already.

I have the radio with the CRT screen for the back up camera, radio controls and nav system in the Traverse. While driving down the interstate a warning will sound and the audible voice of "Annoying Annie" will warn of traffic congestion, an accident, or construction ahead. This audible warning also comes with a read out on the TV monitor.

My Question:
Is this service part of On-Star? or part of the XM service?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi,

It's part of XM. I don't live in a very high traffic city, so I opted to not have it when I paid for my XM subscription. I did see it work once, while traveling down a highway, the radio went silent, and the NAV system warned me that a "traffic occurance" (or something P.C. sounding like that) was ahead. I didn't have any NAV directions in working, but I believe the system would have re-routed me automatically if I were following the directions. Kinda neat. Worth another $100+ per year? For me no. If I lived in D.C. or LA or Dallas, maybe. Then again, I get free Google traffic on my cell phone...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll renew XM. The traffic alerts work great here in San Francisco Bay Area & I got hooked on NHL Radio also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Our original factory XM contract has not run out yet... where can I go on the internet to look at my renewal options ahead of time?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recieved two letters and a phone call. The better deal was via telephone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts