Traverse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a major intersection last week turning left. My wheels were turned left and due to the fast approaching on coming traffic I must have used to much gas and the tires likely spun for a sec and I could see for a instant that the traction control or stabilitrack (sp?) light flickered. It has not returned and I am wondering if this makes...sense i.e. spinning tires cause this warning light or it will come on whenever traction control is...needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
copperbeech said:
I was at a major intersection last week turning left. My wheels were turned left and due to the fast approaching on coming traffic I must have used to much gas and the tires likely spun for a sec and I could see for a instant that the traction control or stabilitrack (sp?) light flickered. It has not returned and I am wondering if this makes...sense i.e. spinning tires cause this warning light or it will come on whenever traction control is...needed.
That is what mine does when I "accidentally" spin the tires in snow.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is to advise you of a low traction situation, completely normal.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Most cars with traction control will have a light on the cluster that will go off if the tires slip, very normal. My jeep has it, our old pacifica had it, my camaro has it, etc. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
sounds normal to me.....
Usually very easy to replicate on dirt road-
or on wet road from a stop- right as you drive over a thick white line for a crosswalk- give it a little gas so tires loose traction on that white strip- the light may come on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the a4 we had before the traverse would do it but it was really hard to make it happen. If there wasn't snow or ice on the road that car was planted. I'm hoping the AWD and TC is nearly as good in the traverse. We'll see if it ever get cold and snows here in the NE

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
splat10 said:
the a4 we had before the traverse would do it but it was really hard to make it happen. If there wasn't snow or ice on the road that car was planted. I'm hoping the AWD and TC is nearly as good in the traverse.
Our's has AWD so I was a bit surprised that I activated the traction control on a dry road, except that I did have the front wheels turned when I floored it; maybe that had something to do with it :-\.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
the outer wheel will spin faster than the inner wheel when turning in a circle-- maybe somehow related to that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Here is a video of a Traverse LTZ 0-60 (not mine). You can hear the wheels spin a bit during launch and see the light you were speaking of flash aa couple of times.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
wow- interesting.. just about 7000 RPM redline

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice video, Looks like well under 9 seconds 0 to 60. Not bad for this heavy of a crossover SUV. I'd give anything if I could have had the dual exhaust on my 2LT. I'd got the LTZ, but hated the 20" tires. Couldn't win in that, so settled for ride over power.

I've only experienced slipper roads once in my Trav. Stability light did flicker, and I felt the slight give of loosing traction. I used to drive a pickup, so I'm VERY used to the feel of the wheels departing their grip form the road. But as soon as I noticed the loose tires, the SUV seems to hold and continue on it's straight course. So, 2 big thumbs up for GM's traction control abilities.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
wow- interesting.. just about 7000 RPM redline
Is 7000 the redline for the 3.6L SIDI engines? Since it's not notated on the tach... :angryfire:....I'm wondering if that's indeed what it is....since this video shows the auto shifting (assuming it's in D, not L) at that point.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
My 03 Trailblazer also had no red line on the tach..
Guess nowadays the computer will not let you stay in the redline zone....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts