Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’m new here, but from my few days of skimming, this is the best place to ask questions from a newbie who has never towed before!

I bought a 2017 traverse AWD about a year ago, but it does not have the tow package.
So I am looking at a shop in my town that will install the hitch and wiring needed, my question is what should I be asking?

From what I am reading, the traverse can tow a max 5,200#, so I am looking at purchasing a TT with a gross weight of about 4500 to be on the safe side.

now that you know what I am towing, what hitch do I go for? And what is tongue weight? I am seeing that term more and more and I don’t know what it means! My main worry is being screwed and not having the proper stuff installed, and this shop laughing at me when I tell them I want a hitch but don’t know anything about it. This is my main family vehicle so I don’t want to destroy it, also I am going to be having a transmission cooler installed to try and be safe.
Thanks in advance everyone!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
PM me your email address and I'll send you all kinds of info on adding the tow package. You can do most of it yourself if you can turn a wrench.

UPDATE: Nevermind - I see you've PM'd me already. Check your email.

·
Registered
754 Posts
PM me your email address and I'll send you all kinds of info on adding the tow package. You can do most of it yourself if you can turn a wrench.

UPDATE: Nevermind - I see you've PM'd me already. Check your email.
You got the expert helping you so you'll get all the info you need!

He should really start charging for his services...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts