Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to Towing/Hauling Section in the forum? Is it just me, or did it disappear?

I really enjoyed that section as I will eventually be towing, and like to hear about other peoples experiences.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quantum, I think someone towed it away!

When are they telling you your new Traverse will make it's appearance and what are you gonna haul in it?

For me, I've got 6 grandkids; a utility trailer for hauling limbs, home improvement supplies and the like; and I carry bicycles up on the rooftop as I do charity rides and multi-day, cross-state cycling tours for fun, exercise, and sanity.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How many limbs have you lost, that you need a trailer to haul them around?

It nice to see the disabled out cycling! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, it was there just before I joined and I read some of the post when I was researching the Traverse before I bought one.

I wanted to go back in and read it again the other day and it was gone.

Bring it back please admins :)

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea when it is coming in. I don't want to bug them, because I don't know if they would have this info. All I know is that according to what I can find on the internet, production is to begin mid-February.

I won't be hauling anything to start, but hopefully an RV in a few years.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow! You must be on edge with anticipation.

At the ripe old age of 56 I've never ordered a car from the factory. I've always just shopped around until I found an acceptable one on a dealer's lot. (The Internet makes that easier.) I've told myself they're willing to negotiate more with one already sitting there. I have no idea of the validity of that theory.

There's something special to be said about ordering exactly what you want and having it built just for you.

Maybe if I could get European delivery on my next Traverse.....?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was cheaper to order than to take an existing one. Plus its mid snow season here, I don't mind waiting until spring.

There are dealer fees we have to pay if you by one off the lot amounting to about $500, but if you order one, you don't pay those fees. Plus I figured if I ordered one, I would have the latest upgrades/flashes applied to the vehicle. I also like the fact that no one has "test driven" the one we get.

The anticipation is killing me, but at least the money is still in my account! :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gibby said:
How many limbs have you lost, that you need a trailer to haul them around?

It nice to see the disabled out cycling! :thumb:
Gibby,

Where I'm at, the limbs are plentiful and fall quicker than the bird poop.

Bob

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gibby -

I'm with Bob. We've got 35 Post Oak trees on our lot and they're notorious for shedding limbs large enough to disable a good sized moose. Of course, we have no good sized moose in Texas, or small ones either. :happy:

BTW, I love the fact that the hitch receiver is covered on the Traverse. It makes it clean-looking and it doesn't make the guy who didn't get the tow package feel inferior.

Did anybody answer the original question about where the Tow/Haul section disappeared to? I mighta missed that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
andylibby, andylibby, andylibby . :eyebrow:.................... I thought, of all people, YOU, had a sence of humour!

I meant YOUR limbs!

BTW We have lots of moose around here. The kids ride them to school. ;D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gibby said:
andylibby, andylibby, andylibby . :eyebrow:.................... I thought, of all people, YOU, had a sence of humour!

I meant YOUR limbs!

BTW We have lots of moose around here. The kids ride them to school. ;D
Gibby,

Be certain to buckle those kids in when riding the moose!

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Gibby,

Be certain to buckle those kids in when riding the moose!

Bob
Always! I never go out on my moose without buckling up. Those thing can be dangerous. :ack:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts