Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2023 Transverse Premier, without a towing package, and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the size of the trailer that could be reasonably towed if I had a tow package installed by the dealer? Hopefully, someone who is currently towing with a recent model Traverse.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
146 Posts
Welcome!

Take a look around there are plenty of posts about adding tow package., and a lot of info for DIY.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
If you didn't get a tow package from the factory, they will only warrant you for 1500 lbs, no matter who puts it on.

You can add the tow package yourself for less than the dealer will charge you. PM me your email address and I'll send you lots of info on doing it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you didn't get a tow package from the factory, they will only warrant you for 1500 lbs, no matter who puts it on. You can add the tow package yourself for less than the dealer will charge you. PM me your email address and I'll send you lots of info on doing it yourself.
I guess this is saying that even dealer, non-factory, installation does not include the dial setting for towing. I believe that setting makes adjustments to the transmission plus maybe other adjustments. It sounds like I made a mistake not looking for a vehicle with a towing package and I would be at risk towing a medium size camping trailer. Bummer.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I guess this is saying that even dealer, non-factory, installation does not include the dial setting for towing. I believe that setting makes adjustments to the transmission plus maybe other adjustments. It sounds like I made a mistake not looking for a vehicle with a towing package and I would be at risk towing a medium size camping trailer. Bummer.
Part of what you would add would be a new switch with the tow/haul setting. HOWEVER there have been some reports here on the forum from folks that have added it that the switch did not do anything. Not everyone has had this issue, so there are no theories on why some will work and some wont. Same goes for the brake controller signal. Some folks have had it work, some have not. As I said, PM me your email address and I'll send you lots of info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts