Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes the Traverse fit the bill for me. I hate mini vans. I wanted more comfort than my Crew cab Colorado offered but all the same towing abilities.

It turns out the Traverse tows, better and is even getting better gas millage than the I5 in the truck.

We bought it to because we liked the looks but it has impressed us at every turn....

·
Registered
312 Posts
AA78/U - I'm viewing this on an iPad and there's nothing in your top post except the sentence saying the 10 cars were named under a blank blue space. What gives?

·
Registered
312 Posts
AA/78U - Okay, I fired up my trusty laptop and can see the video there. It was visible neither time via iPad. I don't get it because I can watch youtube on iPad, but it didn't see your post.

Now, on topic: I completely agree that Traverse will attract people needing and wanting the practicality of a mini-van without having, "that's right, I'm a soccer Mom," tattooed on the rear bumper. BUT, the Traverse and it's siblings go way beyond that because they attract people who never needed or wanted a mini-van or its kitchiness, but want a versatile vehicle for hauling customers, camping gear, political signs, little league, charity donations, home handyman stuff, bicycles, and the occasional kayak, and does it while looking distinguished and sporty and getting above average fuel economy.

That's why the crossover segment is growing so fast and will continue to grow. It also proves that we're a pretty bright bunch of boys and girls for buying one.

Thanks for sharing the video. :thumb:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Traverse being picked=all 3 Lambdas being picked. This is great news, just wish they would have given a shout out to the Acadia and Enclave just for the heck of it, but they were focused on cheapest base price I'm assuming which is why they didn't.

OMG, the new Honda Odessey....PUKE! That thing is butt ugly, how could they select that? I would have picked best looking (and that's the ONLY thing going for it) mini-van being the Toyota Sienna, but we all know about Toyota's current problems, so kbb probably thought it wise not to mention it. I agree about the Taurus, but again...think the LaCrosse could get a nod for runner up. Again, it's about the cheapest base price I'm sure.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I guess that is what was meant by best value. We looked at both the Acadia & Enclave they all had the same ride even after getting the LTZ fully loaded saving $5,000 dollars is what made my decision. The wife and I liked the look of the Acadia a little more I liked the heads up display but the dealership was to small and price did make a difference when you are getting mostly the same vehicle

Steve

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
AA/78U said:
:eek:fftopic:

The I5 in the Colorado; is that an Isuzu motor?
Yes it wasn't that bad for and Inline 5 cylinder motor and was designed by GM and Isuzu much the same way as the Traverse engine was designed by GM and Mitsubishi.

The Colorado's seem to get a bad rap I owned two and they were both great trucks. I just kept trading up the size as my daughter was growing like a weed. Then I met someone with daughter the same age as mine and my needs chaneded again.

We stumbled on a 2009 Traverse on display at the MIS race in Michigan and knew it fit our need perfectly. Of course we couldn't get one till January of 2010 as they sold out in Canada fast as lighting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts