Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered it. $26 ($16 part+$10 shipping).
Piece of strong metal- pics are self explanatory...
The piece sticking out the botton goes into the jack...
Im thinking of putting something like duct tape, electrical tape-- or some of that stuff you buy at Home depot that you put on tools to give it a rubber coating...
But this should make it easier to lift the ENTIRE side of the vehicle...
Ill be using it soon to rotate tires-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Roberto,

Are you comfortable using the rocker assembly as a lift point for 1/2 of the vehicle ????

I'm not near my owners manual to see the recommended lift points.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
??? Hey when you rotate your tires lit us know how well it works. So I take it this works on the factory jack that came with the Traverse or could you use it with a floor jack also?

8) Steve

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bobg1951chevy said:
Roberto,

Are you comfortable using the rocker assembly as a lift point for 1/2 of the vehicle ????

I'm not near my owners manual to see the recommended lift points.

Bob
Im going to find out when I do it---
As we know- this IS NOT a body on frame-- so when you look underneath-- these no big metal chassis...
And jacking up- is difficult.
I think the recommended jacking points are the spot where you use the factory jack...
My hope is that the long lenght of the tool-- distributes the weight-- far better--- than a jack with the circular metal thing (those 3 ton jacks)...

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VB - LTZ said:
??? Hey when you rotate your tires lit us know how well it works. So I take it this works on the factory jack that came with the Traverse or could you use it with a floor jack also?

8) Steve

no-- this is not for the factory jack..
this is for the floor jacks where the round circular thing can be removed and you put this in its place....
look at post 11 on this saturn thread---- this is where I got the idea.
http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=831.0

in this image the tool is inserted into the jack- and lifting a Saturn Outlook...

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Good thats all I like to use.

·
Registered
139 Posts
rbarrios, please post pic's when the car is lifted so we can see where the bracket is up against the body, looking to see if there is any stress.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you mean like in the pic 2 post above?

when you get down and look up at the pinch weld-- theres an area where this tool sits nicely...
the area between the front and rear door...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, TSC1969 replied to my post on the OUTLOOK forum about the weight of the car being on the bracket, but some more close ups would be nice ;D.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I feel stupid saying this, but the Traverse came with a jack? Really? I didnt get one...or is it in the car somewhere hidden?

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The jack is located in the rear cargo area- left side of the vehicle behind a plastic panel that you pop off.

models that dont have the SPARE tire-- have an inflator patch up kit--- Im not sure if these vehicles get a jack....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the car at the mechanic this week and he used a 4 post lift and put the arms of the lift in the same place shown in the photos, on the ridge. No problems. Thats also where the factory jack goes on a C-4 Corvette, never had a problem. Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
What part number and website ??

Ordered it. $26 ($16 part+$10 shipping).
Piece of strong metal- pics are self explanatory...
The piece sticking out the botton goes into the jack...
Im thinking of putting something like duct tape, electrical tape-- or some of that stuff you buy at Home depot that you put on tools to give it a rubber coating...
But this should make it easier to lift the ENTIRE side of the vehicle...
Ill be using it soon to rotate tires-

Hello all I have been searching all over for this part. Could you please tell me what website you got it from and what the part number or description is ?? I am new here so I am very sorry if I missed it. Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the website/company stopped selling this piece- last I looked/

Dont know why.
But I use it all the time on my Traverse/ Equinox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what I was afraid of Ray. Could you please tell me about what size the square tubing is and how thick the metal is ?? Approximate length would be awesome too. I was a fabricator in the past and I guess I will make one myself. Thanks for any help you can be. I love this forum !!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts