Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend- we drove from LA to Old Town San Diego- then to Cabrillo Natl. Monument.
This time- 6 passengers. Drove more in the 65-70 MPH range- and more use of AC.
On the way down- 25 MPG (DIC)
Return trip with slow traffic along Camp Pendleton-- we ended up with 24 or so MPG.

But--- I finally saw-- ALOT or Traverses. This was the day-- that I must have seen 15 to 20 of them.

I will add--- mine was the only Gold Mist.... Also- no green metallics.

I usually see- maybe 1 or 2 a day on the freeway.

Though I did see 2 Gold Mist Acadias.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I too just came back from a 570 mile round trip from Ontario, Canada to Grove City, Pennsylvannia. I also saw a lot of Traverses from New York State to PA. As a matter of fact, there were a few Traverses that were sort of official vehicle of the workers along the highway. Parked at the hotel lot in Erie, PA, there were 3 other white Traverses like mine, 2 blue's, and a couple of silver's. The best part was I finally got some good mileage numbers from my Traverse, although not as good as some of you guys. I'm not familiar with the terrain, but on the way, mostly 70 mph, I got 19.6 mpg, on the way back, mostly 75 mph, I got 21 mpg, with 4 adults, 2 kid w/ booster seats, 1 child w/ heavy car seat, plus all the luggage for a two day trip with room for shopping of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How are yall getting that kind of mileage??? I have.the 20" wheels on .mine, do u think that kills the mileage some? The best ive gotten is 20.9mpg....

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well youd have to tell us the type of driving you do- the type of terrain- and whether you use the AC all the time...
I dont think weve had a thread with mileage/tire combination... to determine if the 20's make a difference...
but then again--- most traverses with 20's are either the LTZ's or the special packages--- which come with dual exhaust--- and that adds an extra 7 or 8 HP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts