Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me what make or model of tires your Traverse came with, and is it possible or has anybody negotiated with their dealer to get a better tire...I see that there is no opportunity
to factory order different tires. I am mostly interested in 20 inch size.

Thanks for any info..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Bridgestone Duelers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Mine came with General Tire brand tires. Changed to Michelin LTX m/s2s. Really like the way it handles, especially good on icy roads, handles great on gravel as well. They are 17 inch tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,427 Posts
the 18's on my LT1 are Goodyear Forteras.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
trAVelingman said:
Bridgestone Duelers
x2 Mine has the 20's as well. To my knowledge, this is the only tire that comes on the factory 20" rims, as there isn't a great selection yet of 20" tires for the Traverse, without knocking out the speedo. Thus far I really like the Bridgestones. They handle great on wet/dry pavement, especially for my Spirited Driving style, and they seem to do very well on snow/ice as well. We have about 5k miles on our Travers now, so about due for a rotation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Bridgestone is the only manufacturer I have found that even makes this size tire--255/55/20. You can either get the Dueler or the Blizzak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I guess I will find out for sure what tires on our White Diamond LTZ this Tuesday/Wed. We checked with Dealer on
Friday and they still say that the 25th is still the expected delivery day.
Thanks for everyones input, and I hope the tires are good on snow.ice cause we have a boat load of each!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
dudster said:
Well I guess I will find out for sure what tires on our White Diamond LTZ this Tuesday/Wed. We checked with Dealer on
Friday and they still say that the 25th is still the expected delivery day.
Thanks for everyones input, and I hope the tires are good on snow.ice cause we have a boat load of each!!
Bridgestone Duelers...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
gmcdad said:
Mine came with General Tire brand tires. Changed to Michelin LTX m/s2s. Really like the way it handles, especially good on icy roads, handles great on gravel as well. They are 17 inch tires.
My LS came with those as well. I did not have the chance to use them a lot since I got the car two weeks before I installed the snow tires, but according to TireRack, these are pretty good. They get a score of more than 8/10, while often the OEM tires will get 3/10 or 4/10. Definitely a keeper, we'll see how long they last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
We have just over 27000 miles on our 2010 LS and just replaced the original Generals (wouldn't stay in balance). Replaced with Kelly Safari Signatures and are really working great so far. Time will tell how they last.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ROBD said:
We have just over 27000 miles on our 2010 LS and just replaced the original Generals (wouldn't stay in balance). Replaced with Kelly Safari Signatures and are really working great so far. Time will tell how they last.
Are you saying your Traverse came from the factory with General's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
2010 LS Generals from the factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,427 Posts
the LS comes with smaller rim size than the LT's.
I believe theyre 17's.
The LT's are 18's. (unless you get a special package- that comes with 20's)
And the LTZs have 20's
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top