Traverse Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
rbarrios said:
i dont know what its at...
Ive never seen a tread gauge... then again- never looked for one.
Hit your local NAPA for a tire guage. They're inexpensive, probably $5. Looks like you've got decent road conditions and driving habits for those Forteras.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Never seen one of those inspections sheets, but looks like it's something that could/should be done with every LOF @ a dealership IMO. They didn't have those when I worked @ Chevy in my hometown. Then agagin, that was 12 years ago, and a very small town dealership.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
They use this at my dealership Reichard. I think it is a good idea, that is if the tech follows the list and makes the proper notation.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
1st time Ive gotte one..
Then again I dont visit dealers often.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You get one of those inspection sheets every time when you have the oil changed as part of the Goodwrench service. The dealer I have been going to has a drive up oil change service, you don't need to make an appointment, and if they are not too busy, only takes about 15 - 20 minutes to have done. I use this service during the winter, when its too dirty (with the snow and salt) to climb under the car. Useful information, plus it gets logged into the GM system when you have it done there.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I have a few of them be glad to send ya one or meet up to give it to ya

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just replaced my Alenzas @ 32K could have done better but was lazy in rotation,my bad. Need brakes now dealer says, I have not checked. Dealer cut the rotors previously because of warping so now it's time for rotors. Never understood cutting rotors to fix a problem caused by heat when you cut them and reduce their ability to handle heat just makes a bad situation worse. Has anyone used aftermarket pads and rotors yet? I refuse to waste money on OEM junk at this point. Just replaced Super Duty Rotors that just warped like OEM :angryfire: on my 06 Silverado with crossed drilled -vented rotors, what a difference :happy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wondering who has installed tires or brakes .... and when ?

I have 41K on my 09 .... am still OK on both, but wondering.
I live in the Northeast and tires tend to dry out fast here due to road salt. The fact I live right by the ocean doesnt help either. I changed my original tires at around 30,000 miles due to dry rot cracks and spinning in the rain. I have 17,000 on the replacements and so far so good. I went with Duelers. As for brakes, I live in NY in a beach area and there are stop signs or traffic lights every one to two blocks. Mostly every corner. I checked my average speed on the DIC and it shows about 13 mph. I drive on the highway at least once a week so that tells you how bad it is. My front brakes lasted about 40,000 miles. The pads and rotors were DONE. I replaced them with O.E.M. GM rotors, (Pricey but heavier) and Akebono ceramic pads. about 7,000 miles on them and still looking good! Most people around here that try to go cheap on brakes end up changing them almost semi-annually if driven locally.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts