Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home the other day after about one hour trip. About :30 minutes later went to start my 2LT and got a chime and check air pressure message. Right rear tire was indicating 22 psi, shut engine off, checked tire found a nail in it...great!! well at least I'm back home. Started up about :40 minutes later, now showing 17 psi, not good, drove to neaby gas station, paid my .75cents to get air, had engine running as I was adding air and noticed the right rear pressure on DIC was increasing as I was adding air, did check pressure via gauge, pretty accurate (within 1 psi). Didn't realize it will do that, previous cars I had you had to either re-set warning or shut off then re-start engine to get a psi reading. Thought that was pretty good tidbit info to pass along!! Would of never knew I had nail and losing air without this feauture. Don't even need a tire pressure gauge!!

FYI: dropped car off to dealer, they couldn't patch it up....continued to leak, needed new tire...$210.00, car is 6 mts old with 6500 miles. Of course warranty does not cover, thinking of getting road hazard insurance now....new tire $210.00...nail....30 cents....Tire Pressure Monitoring System..Priceless!!!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
doesnt the sensor continue to monitor air pressure for x amount of time after having been activated by the wheel spinning?
After X amount of time- it goes to sleep..... only to be reactivated upon tires motion again?

210 for a tire... yikes... YOu have the 20 inchers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts