Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought an 09 1LT with the18" tires and no roof rack but with towing package. We have a noise that is quite annoying. I first thought that it was some kind of wind noise vibrating a loose panel or something. I went back to the dealership and drove another traverse2LT same tires and it seemed to have the same noise, maybe not quite as bad but still there. The salesman thinks it is the good year tires. I am not so sure. We also have a wind noise on the passenger side at the bottom of the A pillar. Has anyone else heard any of these noises? These noises are absolutely keeping me from enjoying this vehicle.

:help:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
did you add a bug guard?
bug guards are known to change the aerodynamics (in other cars) just enough to cause noise in odd places...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
jetmech49 said:
We bought an 09 1LT with the18" tires and no roof rack but with towing package. We have a noise that is quite annoying. I first thought that it was some kind of wind noise vibrating a loose panel or something. I went back to the dealership and drove another traverse2LT same tires and it seemed to have the same noise, maybe not quite as bad but still there. The salesman thinks it is the good year tires. I am not so sure. We also have a wind noise on the passenger side at the bottom of the A pillar. Has anyone else heard any of these noises? These noises are absolutely keeping me from enjoying this vehicle.

:help:
Have your dealer swap tires with a stock unit for a road test. That should end or confirm the salesmans theory regarding Goodyear tires.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts