Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 20" Bridgestones on my LTZ and I'm not a fan of them or their diameter, but I'm not paying to change them. What I notice, though, is that the gas mileage and handling are very sensitive to inflation. I mean 2 or 3 pounds down from the specified 35 psi and the mileage suffers a lot, and they seem to wallow and feel drifty and spongy at just slight under-inflation.

Anybody else have similar observations? How about the smaller diameter tires? I'm betting they're much more forgiving than the 20s with their larger interior volume.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well, we only have 2300 miles on my wife's 2010 LTZ and never noticed anything like you mentioned yet. The pressure is kept at 35 psi and about 1900 of those miles were put on during our vacation back in July. So far, MPG is only about 18.5, so still waiting for the engine to be broken in.

The only complaint I have is the ride is a bit harsh and firm with the 20's, but that is what she liked about the Traverse versus the Enclave and Acadia with 20" tires but different tire manufactures and different ride suspension set ups.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Try driving with the 17 inch General tires and you will see how good your tires are. My Generals squeal at every light when it goes over the wide paint lines. That even with me trying to go slow and not make them squeal.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My Generals squeal at every light when it goes over the wide paint lines. :happy:

I'm just glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your comment, otherwise I'd be buying a new keyboard!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I actually think the factory 20's on our Traverse are great. The Bridgestones seem to grip very well, especially when driven with enthusiasm in the corners. MPG so far isn't bad. Last tank was about 80% highway, and 20% city, with highway speeds varying from 55 to 90 mph, and we got 19.9 mpg. Not bad, for only having 1,000 miles on it.

As far as ride quality goes, I think it is great as well, however, I am coming away from an '07 Grand Prix GXP with low sidewall 18's, and a Silverado that is lowered 6", so anything is going to fell nice compared to those. :happy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts