Traverse Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
First, it was supposed to be "funny." I guess my age is showing. But I believe you can still get ashtrays on some cars.
All that is available is a cup shaped one that goes in a cup holder from the accessories catalog.
2x on the old days when a really clean car had a never used ashtray and a clean low mileage car still had the factory unused spare in the trunk. Flats where very, very common back then before steel belted radials so a unused factory spare tire was a sure sign of correct mileage also.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge Trip computer

So, we're home. O/C to Paso Robles and back. 4 adults, lots of baggage, lots of 85 mph, lots of stop and ago, lots of winery hopping, lots of sitting in the car with the AC running while the girls window shopped.... still got over 23mpg on the trip. Considering what we did, its better than it sounds.

The best part? The thing nearly drove itself..... effortless.

I'm glad I dropped the $9 on the wiper blade, this things a keeper.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's an impressive mileage stat. My mileage and experience very closely resembles that bell-curve distribution.

Reactions: Perkinsdnp30

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 10674

So, we're home. O/C to Paso Robles and back. 4 adults, lots of baggage, lots of 85 mph, lots of stop and ago, lots of winery hopping, lots of sitting in the car with the AC running while the girls window shopped.... still got over 23mpg on the trip. Considering what we did, its better than it sounds.

The best part? The thing nearly drove itself..... effortless.

I'm glad I dropped the $9 on the wiper blade, this things a keeper.....
Great mileage for this trip! I just bought a 2021 Premier and love it! Great SUV!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Our 2020 Premier has 25,940 miles on it and has a cumulative average of 22.28 mpg. 1,164.4 gallons consumed. Lowest mileage was 12.70 in the middle of past February's ice storm; lots of idling and slooow driving. Highest mileage was 30.0 but must have been a fluke; have had several 28 and 29, but only the one at 30 mpg. 28/29 are total interstate driving between Austin and Dallas at 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OK I am way overdue to report our first long-distance experience with our 2019 AWD LT.

Background: We bought ours in Dec. 2018, door jamb sticker shows it was built in Nov .18.
So up until last month the majority of our driving was mixed suburban with only 2 short highway trips (<500 miles each).
We have had none of the usual problems mentioned with the first year models, No tranny/TC issues and no shift-to-park issues (perhaps I'm just lucky, or perhaps GM had the vehicle figured out by year 2)

The only dealer visit has been the complimentary oil change. I prefer to do my own maintenance (with input from @AlisoBob), including the following:
Mobil 1 synthetic / Baldwin filters every 3K-5K, with magnetic drain plug.
Also at ~6K miles did the "double-dump" tranny oil changes (w/factory recommended fluid & Bob's magnetic drain plug)
Tire rotation, ceramic coating, etc, etc....

Because of Covid and other delays our first true long distance trip finally happened this past month.
With just the two of us in the car; we drove from the Chicago Burbs to Bar Harbor Maine, Acadia NP and several other national State Parks during our return:

Some Observations:
First two days of driving we hit it hard, ~600 miles each day, averaging 80mph on Interstate 80 the first day.
The rolling hills thru PA went by effortlessly at these speeds, with the tranny downshifting to 8th only a few times to crest that next hill.
Outside temperature was 75-80F, and a few checks of the tranny temp showed 190 to 205F.
It was this leg of the trip where I calculated our best MPG, coming in at 28.78mpg!
The vehicle was an absolute pleasure to drive this far on two long days, VERY comfortable - no fatigue (and I did all the driving)

Our worst mpg (calculated) included ~200miles of local driving in and around Acadia NP, that tank came in at a low of 23.76 mpg,

As for our trip totals; 3100 miles (yeah I drive around the block when we got home to get 3100 on the odometer :)), and my calculated avg. was 25.85 mpg.
The dashboard "guess-o-meter" showed 27.4?

We usually keep our vehicles for 10+ years, and I think once I change the wiper blades, this one will be another keeper !!

Speedometer Vehicle Car Tachometer Gauge
meter" showing a

·
Registered
212 Posts
OK I am way overdue to report our first long-distance experience with our 2019 AWD LT.

Background: We bought ours in Dec. 2018, door jamb sticker shows it was built in Nov .18.
So up until last month the majority of our driving was mixed suburban with only 2 short highway trips (<500 miles each).
We have had none of the usual problems mentioned with the first year models, No tranny/TC issues and no shift-to-park issues (perhaps I'm just lucky, or perhaps GM had the vehicle figured out by year 2)

The only dealer visit has been the complimentary oil change. I prefer to do my own maintenance (with input from @AlisoBob), including the following:
Mobil 1 synthetic / Baldwin filters every 3K-5K, with magnetic drain plug.
Also at ~6K miles did the "double-dump" tranny oil changes (w/factory recommended fluid & Bob's magnetic drain plug)
Tire rotation, ceramic coating, etc, etc....

Because of Covid and other delays our first true long distance trip finally happened this past month.
With just the two of us in the car; we drove from the Chicago Burbs to Bar Harbor Maine, Acadia NP and several other national State Parks during our return:

Some Observations:
First two days of driving we hit it hard, ~600 miles each day, averaging 80mph on Interstate 80 the first day.
The rolling hills thru PA went by effortlessly at these speeds, with the tranny downshifting to 8th only a few times to crest that next hill.
Outside temperature was 75-80F, and a few checks of the tranny temp showed 190 to 205F.
It was this leg of the trip where I calculated our best MPG, coming in at 28.78mpg!
The vehicle was an absolute pleasure to drive this far on two long days, VERY comfortable - no fatigue (and I did all the driving)

Our worst mpg (calculated) included ~200miles of local driving in and around Acadia NP, that tank came in at a low of 23.76 mpg,

As for our trip totals; 3100 miles (yeah I drive around the block when we got home to get 3100 on the odometer :)), and my calculated avg. was 25.85 mpg.
The dashboard "guess-o-meter" showed 27.4?

We usually keep our vehicles for 10+ years, and I think once I change the wiper blades, this one will be another keeper !!

View attachment 10686
Side-note:
Changed the oil just before we started our trip, 3100 miles later no detectable change of oil level on the dipstick. I'll bet it used less than "shotglass" :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts