Traverse Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My how timely! We're looking to put some new tires on our 2018 High Country... and our favorite tire dealer also said flat out --- Michelin Defender. Period. I do believe the decision has been made!
Thanks people!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pilot sport is a performance tire. It is also a summer only tire that shouldn't be driven on below 40F. Combine that with the 20k warranty because it's going to wear quickly with a 110 treadwear index. Also has a stiffer sidewall for performance so it's going to ride much more roughly.

I would not recommend them on a Traverse, kind of a waste to be honest. They are sold as the factory tire on the M and AMG line SUVs from BMW/Benz.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you have a pic on your rim? They are just so ugly online. :/
No. My Traverse is a 22 and came with the Continentals. They are ok for now. Every time I replace tires on any of our SUV's or Trucks, I go with the Michelin LTX M/S. I've had them on multiple different vehicles and never had an issue with any of them. The all season traction, low noise, and smooth ride are top tier. They do look good on the vehicles too. They have a subtle all terrain look to them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No. My Traverse is a 22 and came with the Continentals. They are ok for now. Every time I replace any tires on any of our SUV's or Trucks, I go with the Michelin LTX M/S. I've had them on multiple different vehicles and never had an issue with any of them. The all season traction, low noise, and smooth ride are top tier. They do look good on the vehicles too. They have a subtle all terrain look to them.
Ah I see. Well when you swap post a pic!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm sold too... Everything I have seen or heard, all the research, all comes up with this is THE TIRE.
I've been using this tire since the first LTX M/S (not called Defender back then) back around 2006 when I started driving. Had the tire on multiple SUVs over the years and keep coming back. We used Pirelli Scorpion Verde's on my wife's Pilot and they have been excellent - and there are some highly rated options by Continental and BFG on the street right now. The Pilot is due before this winter so I'll have to see which ones I like the reviews the best vs. the price and any discount that may be going on when I buy.

Of note - the Traverse has the X LT A/S version of the tires, it's basically the Defender LTX but you can only buy it at Costco, Sams and BJs.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts