Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I ordered a 2011 Black Granite 2LT w/ cloth seats, 2nd row bench, Nav system, rear camera, auto start and the rest of the 2LT features that come along with it. Order was placed on August 16th in the late afternoon. My question is: how long will it take to build? My dealer says around 8-10 weeks but it could be earlier. How long did it take any of you that ordered from factory to get your Traverse? I can't stand the waiting and I cannot wait to get it! Thanks!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
some members are reporting as little as 4 weeks-- if im not mistaken.

Last year -I ordered a 2010 in June 24 or so--- and I picked it up in Sept 2.... But I ordered mine before production had even started.

My understanding is that Vehicles that are deemed as sold-- (pretty much ordered for a customer)--- get towards the front of the line-- in being built..
Theres other orders that take precedence--- but sold orders do get moved up.
I wouldnt be surprissed if you have it in 3-4 weeks-
But just to be safe---- lets say 6....

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
a new post was made on the Acadia forum--- from order- to pickup- 34 days.

The Acadia. Enclave. Traverse- are all made at the same plant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know -- I am anxious to get it. The dealer will keep me informed as to the progress and I have heard that if I get an order number(I am waiting on that as we speak) I can actually track the progress of the build. Would be a nice surprise to get it early!

15 Posts
We just picked ours up the day before yesterday. :)

It had just over a 4 week lead time, less than 4 and a half, and that was with labor day as well. I don't know if they close the plants down on labor day or not.

Our dealer did not know about the order tracking until our vehicle had shipped, so we never got to check on its build status. Make sure you get that number from them. It seems like it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2011 Traverse is finally waiting for me at the dealership. I will be picking it up within the next couple of days. Here are the dates I got from the online tracking:

Order placed: 9/9/2010
Vehicle being produced: 9/14/2010
Production complete: 9/27/2010
Shipped: 9/27/2010
At dealership: 10/13/2010

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Very cool!

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
That is much faster turn around time then when I ordered my Traverse. I had to wait 10 weeks! Wasn't a big deal, I didn't mind keeping my money in my account for a couple months longer!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
yeah, that was about 3.75 weeks. Very fast.

·
Registered
465 Posts
maybs said:
My 2011 Traverse is finally waiting for me at the dealership. I will be picking it up within the next couple of days. Here are the dates I got from the online tracking:

Order placed: 9/9/2010
Vehicle being produced: 9/14/2010
Production complete: 9/27/2010
Shipped: 9/27/2010
At dealership: 10/13/2010
That's excellent , sounds like when I order mt Malibu it only took 29 days to arrive in Calgary from the time I ordered it.
It seems that GM is keeping production on a need to have bases , not over suppling the dealers and keeping the prices at MSRP. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also just ordered my white diamond 1LT and the deeler wouldn't give me a timetable at all. He said as soon as he had any info he would call me. How long should it take to get a build or order confermation #. It has been about a week and am already can't wait anymore. I live in eastern MA if it makes a differance.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
when you placed the order- if you were right there- it goes into the system- and generates an ORDER #.
When I ordered my car- we sat there- and he entered info of what I wanted etc.
A few minutes later he printed out an order sheet- and he xeroxed the page and gave me a copy.... had the order # on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bet you couldn't order a vehicle NOW and get it in 4 weeks! They'd probably find a way to push off startup until after the New Year!

A

·
0 Posts
Members,

We have a Canadian member who is trying to track his 11 build; I sent this link ~ http://www.chevrolet.com/ordertracking/ ~

It seems that he can't track a Canadian build through the U.S. website; I then went to GM Canada and can't find a similar link. Does anyone here know a way for him to track his Traverse build?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife and I are about to place an order with a dealer. When I asked how long I should expect to wait to take delivery, and I was told 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I would rather just find one locally so I don't have to wait, but at least I will get exactly what I want. Now that we are ordering, my wife is second guessing as to whether we should get an Equinox or not.

Is 6-8 weeks a valid expectation to take delivery of an ordered vehicle?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Remember, if you are wanting to take advantage of any incentives you will only be able to get the incentives that are available when your vehicle hits the ground at your dealer.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
i know theres a thread here or the acadia forum.
they were tracking how long-
right before xmas- I believe some were getting theres in about 4 weeks... order- to them picking it up.

also if you order--- get the ORDER # from the dealer- that way you can track it. Chevy has a website where you enter the code- and it tells you the status.

Also- if the salesman orders the car as SOLD- it goes ahead of the line- and gets built before regular unsold orders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts