Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had really bad rpm surges, stalling out, stabilitrak, traction control, engine limp mode, the whole lot. I replaced the throttle body/tps sensor. Still having the same problems. Replaced pedal position sensor, still having same issues. Replaced both PCV valves (the metal breather one and the black plastic one with clips) still having the same issues. Replaced spark plugs and battery as well. I don’t know what to do the rpms are surging like crazy but only when driving. Has a normal idle and won’t stall when not driving but once you put it in drive and start to move the rpms surge and the whole car shudders, and the engine goes into reduced power mode and it stalls. Does anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A
No I didn’t How do you do that?
after looking it up I did do that, the idle in Park, turn off, idle in Park. It idles ok, but when I try to test drive or give it acceleration it goes into reduced power mode and/or stalls out

·
Registered
727 Posts
What kind of Code reader do you have? Seems like the ECM is not liking what is it seeing. If you have a Bluedriver or something similar you can read the voltages on the sensor. Know anybody with one?
What was the original problem and the repairs made to remedy. You did a lot to the vehicle. What kind of plugs did you use and did you use anything on the threads?
Are the symptoms now after the repairs that you made Exactly as the original problems? Some members attributed the stabilitrack issue to the Underhood Fuse box. Bad connections there could cause what you have been experiencing.

BTW what year and Mileage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts